Chapter 25~THIRD-PERSON POV~A Saturday morning in early September.

In a late morning in the disaster zone, Chi-yun, Chi-hoon, Eun-hee, the other doctors from the medical team were ready to search the last three survivors. The rescuers were using the cranes now to demolish the remainder of the power plant tower. It was the back office remaining which made Young-soo applaud for happiness. Chi-yun looked disgusted of seeing Young-soo's reaction when the back office was the only one remaining to search for survivors.

"What a weight off my shoulders. You should've done this sooner. Let's dig straight into the office like this." Young-soo ordered; Chi-yun rolled her eyes of Young-soo's anxious character as she crossed her arms.

"Okay, stop." Dae-young spoke at the rescuer who's in the crane.

Young-soo turned back to look at the soldiers.

"Pull out the heavy machinery. Team Alpha will begin searching for survivors." Dae-young ordered.

The medical team began to prepare for the search for the remaining survivors. Young-soo was angered that they should find his "important" stuff first.

"What for? What's there to look for?" Young-soo angrily asked.

"Three men are still unaccounted for." Dae-young spoke.

"What's wrong with you? In this condition, missing people would've died already." Young-soo scoffed.

Chi-yun was still disgusted inside so she has let it all out.

"A survivor's life has more value than the papers. Who would give a damn about the 'important' papers? Why do you think the survivors have any less value than those papers?" Chi-yun argued with anger.

Young-soo looked dissatisfied what she just said.

"Why do I think that the survivors have less value than my important papers? Is that your statement?" Young-soo asked.

Chi-yun rolled her eyes a little and deeply sighed.

"I'm just saying that all lives have values. You don't what those survivors are capable of living." Chi-yun expressed.

Young-soo stood silent without an answer, and then, he walked away from the zone. It was weird for everyone because Young-soo always get dragged out by soldiers. But at this time, he walked away all by himself.

Anyways, Chi-yun put a white hard hat on her head for her safety. She buckled the black strap to have it on very secured. Eun-hee had her white, hard hat on and secured; she helped Chi-hoon to buckle the strap attached of his white, hard hat. After that, the young couple glanced at each other longingly but they have the job to search for the survivors.

"I know it's hard for us to separate for the search." Eun-hee spoke, despite of fighting tears.

However, Chi-hoon stood silent, fighting tears with his numb face.

"I hope we can get the survivors out. It's our first time doing this, so...take care of yourself, ok?" Eun-hee spoke.

"You, too." Chi-hoon spoke.

Eun-hee smiled halfway but saddened when she nearly walked past him to search for survivors. Chi-hoon deeply sighed; his fingers suddenly intertwined hers. They glanced at each other one more time, and she slowly let her fingers go. With sadness on her face, she turned back and kept walking at the opposite direction. Chi-hoon's face was still numb but his teary eyes could tell how incomplete he was when she's not around. He faced down on the ground, probably brooding about the expectations of the search. Suddenly, he saw a pair of two white shoes in front of his black sneakers, nearly covered by her dress. He looked up and it was her younger sister. He can see her tears forming around her silver eyes, which made him about to cry. He already knows that she saw the scenario.