Chapter 53~THIRD-PERSON POV~A warm Wednesday in late September.

In late morning, Chi-yun came out from the building, holding the broken white helmet Min-jae gave her yesterday. She began to walk around the base. She wandered in the middle of the ruins, wanting to capture this place a picture in her mind. She stroked the concrete of the column, wanting to remember the smooth but cracked feeling of those buildings. She walked out from the ruins, and walked in the Medicube to find Mo-yeon and her team. In the army building, the two kids were still sleeping together in the bed. Chi-hoon quietly opened the door, and walked towards the sleeping two kids.

"Psst. Wake up. It's me, Chi-hoon." He whispered, patting on their shoulders.

The two kids slowly opened their eyes. They sat up from the bed, and stretched their arms wide to get their blood flowing.

"Hey...what time is it?" Khalil drowsily spoke.

"It's about ten. I told Mo-yeon to distract Chi-yun and Eun-hee. They're helping with other doctors. I'll be downstairs when you're ready to help me." Chi-hoon spoke as he walked out from the room.

The two kids got out from the bed. Fatima and Khalil went into the closet to find his new clothes from the mid-sized box Chi-yun gave yesterday. He picked a blue shirt and jeans; he went to the bathroom to change himself. She picked a violet shirt with white jeans and placed them on the bed. She took her her white dress off, leaving her white top and boy shorts on. She put her jeans on, pulled up and buttoned them to tighten. She put her violet shirt on; it perfectly fits for her. Her new shirt clung her beautiful curves. She walked towards the tall mirror stuck on the wall. However, she realized that the hairbrush was in the bathroom.

"Khalil?" Fatima called.

"Yeah?" He called back.

"Can you get the hairbrush for me? It's in the bathroom." Fatima spoke.

Silence had surrounded the room but then, Khalil opened the door and walked out from the bathroom. He had his new clothes on. He was holding a black hairbrush in his right hand. He stepped towards her and handed the hairbrush to her.

"Thanks." Fatima smiled; she began to brush her hair to make it neat.

"I can't wait to help him to prepare a date night for Eun-hee! This is so exciting and romantic!" Khalil softly exclaimed.

"Right! I wonder how the room will look with those candles at night." Fatima chuckled; her fingers tangled sections of her light brown hair.

She was making a front-to-side braid in her hair.

"It would look amazing and mysterious. A mysterious romance." Khalil expressed.

Fatima giggled.

"I love how you say that. A mysterious romance." She spoke; she was just finished with the braid.

Khalil just smiled. He stepped a bit closer, and placed his hands on her waist. She looked herself in the mirror. His hands slowly slid around her waist. She intertwined her fingers on his. He rested his chin on her shoulder.

"Is love always mysterious?" He asked.

"Love always bring to the light. Although, you never thought or realize that you fall in love. It grew with a simple infatuation." She spoke.

He brought his right hand on her cheek, turned her face around to look behind him.

"I always know that I've fallen for a beautiful girl named Fatima. She cares about me when our parents were gone. She's on my side in light and dark times. And I can't even think to live a second without you." Khalil spoke.

Their lips were inches away, and they slowly closed the gap with passion. It would take an eternity to explore each other's caverns. But in reality, it was seconds. Then, their lips slowly broke apart. They smiled each other and walked out from the room. They walked down the stairs to the living room. In the living room, there's a gray sofa behind the stairs. In front of the sofa, there's a rectangular coffee table.