Chapter 20~THIRD-PERSON POV~A warm Thursday in early September.

Chi-yun, Khalil, Fatima, the whole medical team, the soldiers and other doctors were taken to the power plant by a huge army truck and a gray ambulance leading them. The power plant seemed like a whole rubbish after a devastating earthquake. Half of the medical team (including Chi-yun, Khalil and Fatima) and the soldiers hopped out from the truck. The other half came out from the back doors of the ambulance. The whole medical team rushed in the destroyed power plant. The power plant was more than demolished, and workers are still being pulled from the rubble by their coworkers.

The power plant was clouded of white smoke. Everything was tumbled down and shattered into pieces. The construction workers were bloodied of wounds, crying for help. Some of the soldiers were helping the workers out; they put them on the cots. The workers' faces were bloodied, moaning, whining and crying of pain. Some parts of the power plants were in small flames. The medical team couldn't even do anything but stare helplessly at the injured workers suffering. Chi-yun covered her mouth, shocked in disbelief. She felt the immense pain of seeing the wounded workers, and started to shed tears.

She turned around to look at the reaction of the medical team. Their faces were shocked and devastated. She knew that it's no time to stand here and suffer. Now's the time to restore the fallen.

"How can we suffer...when we are about to save people?" Chi-yun scolded despite of tears running down on her face.

"Get up and pray that our God will save us!" Chi-yun tearfully encouraged them to lift up and save the ones who are alive.

Mo-yeon walked towards her; she brought her hand on Chi-yun's shoulder to comfort her. They looked at each other.

"Don't cry, Chi-yun. We know we can do it." Mo-yeon comforted her.

Chi-yun slightly smiled at her. Mo-yeon turned around to notify her team.

"So that the patients can recognize you easily, please wear your vests. You all know the triage protocol, right?" Mo-yeon spoke to the medical team.

"Green for non-emergency, yellow for slight injury, and red for the emergency patients who need prompt treatment." Eun-hee advised.

"And to the critical patients that cannot be treated at the scene, black. The same color as the deceased. Give up on the patients marked black and focus on those who can be saved." Mo-yeon spoke.

While Chi-yun heard the word and color 'black', she despises it. Although, she never despises the skin color of black, nor the eyes, nor the hair. But she only despises the meaning of black.

Daniel and Ye-hwa opened a huge metal box; it was filled with small, red first aid backpacks. They passed to each one of the medical team, including Chi-yun and the two kids. They carried the red backpacks on their backs. The medical team is ready to treat and save the wounded who are in danger.

"Do we need to take your order on giving morphine or Demerol?" A male doctor asked Mo-yeon.

"Ani, we can't do that for everyone. Use your judgement regarding the situation and choose the best possible alternative you can. Let's go now." Mo-yeon spoke.

The medical team walked in the demolished power plant, ready to restore the fallen. Despite of the others rushing in the power plant, Mo-yeon stopped and took her high-heeled, crème-colored sandals off. She banged the heels of her sandals against a rusty, metal bar. She banged as much as she can until the heels broke off form her sandals. She put her heelless sandals and off to the rescue. A soldier named Im Gwang-nam, came out along an unconscious worker from the rubble.

"Hey!" He shouted; suddenly, an explosion boomed from the power plant. The two men ducked down.

Some pieces of rocks, no matter the size, bounced out from the explosion. Mo-yeon ducked herself for cover. Fortunately, the soldier and the worker are okay. Mo-yeon crawled towards them.