Chapter 32~THIRD-PERSON POV~A Monday noon in early September.

In a late Monday morning, Chi-yun and the two kids were wandering around the army base. They were pretty quiet today until Khalil have something in mind to talk about.

"Chi-yun, can I ask you something? I feel insecure of asking you but I have to go for it." Khalil asked.

"Sure, go ahead. It doesn't matter if it's dumb or not." She nodded.

Khalil deeply sighed.

"It kept ringing in my mind since last night. Did it bother you when you saw your brother verbally fighting the patient?" He asked her.

Chi-yun stood silent; she began to think deeply about her older brother. She saw her brother upset sometimes but this time, he had fallen into a terrible rage. Last night, she overheard what her older brother justified his reason why he never dared to treat Min-jae. Chi-yun never knew that her older brother saw her verbally fighting Min-jae, even when she slapped him. The moment that brought shock waves to her was when her brother called him a bastard. Chi-yun deeply sighed like she felt lost in this war-torn country.

"To be honest... Anger from either one of us would scare both of us. But I guess my anger is worse than his. My words and actions are like two swords that can cut the enemy down. I'm afraid to see him angry like last night. I'm afraid of seeing myself angry, too. But...we're human. That's part of our everyday lives. We laugh, cry and yell." Chi-yun spoke.

Khalil and Fatima understood what Chi-yun was saying.

"That's what who we all are." Fatima spoke.

Chi-yun smiled and began to think something else. Suddenly, she has an idea.

"Hey, I have a surprise for you guys. But not now, later." Chi-yun spoke to them.

"Well, what is it? Can you give us a hint?" Fatima asked.

The two kids seemed to get really curious about her surprise. But she shook her head.

"No. No spoiler alert. Expect the unexpected." Chi-yun advised.

"OK." Khalil giggled.

"Hey, where's Mo-yeon and Si-jin? I haven't seen them this morning." Fatima asked.

"Are they having their own adventure?" Khalil asked.

Khalil's question made Chi-yun giggle.

"I have no idea what they're up to." Chi-yun smiled and shook her head.

In the countryside of Urk, Si-jin was driving on the road with Mo-yeon after a meeting with UN. It was pretty a long road to go back to the base. Mo-yeon was wearing a fringe dark blue and white, Scotch-designed cardigan, with a white blouse under, and dark blue shorts.

"I expected the UN meeting to be rigid. Everyone's so pleasant." Mo-yeon spoke.

"They meet only during emergencies. So humor is a must." Si-jin spoke.

"I see. That's why. You're like that, too. You joke at the darkest times." Mo-yeon smirked.

"Being serious when it's serious only makes it worse." Si-jin advised.

Mo-yeon just smiled.

"How does it feel to do something that must be done? Are you proud?" Mo-yeon asked.

"It's impossible to find a date." Si-jin admitted.

Mo-yeon chuckled.

"I want to ask you something." Si-jin spoke.

Mo-yeon turned her head to look at him.

"How many boyfriends you had before?" Si-jin asked.

Mo-yeon looked confused.