9. Scars.

*San Francisco*

We had been parked behind the building of the Interview for only fifteen minuets and already there was a screaming sea of fans crowded around the building. Some waving signs, some crying but all of them trying to get a peek of the boys.

I stayed on my bunk and out of the way while the boys hurried around getting ready. All of them running around trying to find socks, snap-backs or other lost items. 

"Alright boys! Time to go!" Paul called, trying to get them to slow down and listen. But soon, after a bit of threatening and persuading, he had them off the bus and into the interview building.

After they had left I decided to seize the opportunity to change without being spied on. I got off my bunk and grabbed my bag; after pulling my hair into a high bun pulling all of my hair off my neck, I striped off my pajama pants and shirt and threw them into my bag. I pulled out a pair of jeans and pulled them on and started fiddling with the pockets, making them smooth. I was picking out a shirt when I heard someone gasp. Startled, I turned to see who it was.

I gasped and grabbed a random piece of clothing out of my bag and covered my chest, my stomach still exposed. 

Niall just stood there, staring, his mouth slightly open. I blushed with embarrassment. I reached over and gabbed a long sleeved sweater and quickly pulled it on. Niall slowly walked over to me, still looking stunned, I wondered what his problem was, hadn’t he ever seen a girl in a bra before? But yet again I was fat and ugly.

I stepped away from him but he caught my arm, stopping me. I looked up at him, puzzled. He reached down to the hem of my shirt and lifted it a little, exposing my scars, he stared at them, a look of shock on his face. Slowly he turned me around so he was looking at my back and I heard him gasp again. I closed my eyes wishing I could disappear. I felt him lightly touch my back, almost as if he weren't sure if the bruises where real or not. Niall turned me back around and I opened my eyes and looked into his wide blue ones that where still looking at my scared skin. He lifted his hand and traced one of the pink lines. I shuddered and pulled my shirt back down covering everything back up. I pulled away softly and walked into the kitchen where I leaned against the counter, my mind throwing rude words at me. Niall walked over behind me and put his hand on my shoulder, I flinched at his touch, shying away. 

“Audrey, what happened?” He whispered turning me to face him. I shook my head, looking away. 

I shook my head, close to tears. 

“You know you can tell me anything right?” He said, looking me in the eyes. 

“I-I can't.” I choked out. 

“Please.” He whispered. A sob escaped my throat as an image of what happened flashed through my mind like an arrow slicing though an apple, the memories just as painful. Niall put his hands on my shoulders and pulled me to him. Lightly he wrapped his arms around me, holding me. I grabbed his shirt, balling the fabric into my fists, holding him like a lifeline. 

"I killed them. It was all my fault." I sobbed loudly. 

"Who?" He whispered. I buried my face into his shirt, trying to somehow wipe the images from my brain.

"My family." I managed to whisper.

"I'm so sorry." He said softly. Angrily I pulled away from him, glaring.

"Niall, I killed them. It was my idea to go there for dinner! I was the reason they where..." I snapped my mouth shut, ending my raising voice. "It was my fault." I whispered. Niall stood, his mouth slightly open with shock, pain and sympathy in his eyes. "Why did you come back in here, Niall?" I asked, looking down at the carpet.

"I- Um, the boys wanted to know if you wanted to come and watch the Interview." He said. His reason sounding lame after what just happened.

"I'm okay." I said dully.

"Audrey, I don't know what happened in your past. With your parents or your Foster family but us boys, we want you to be happy with us. We want you to feel like out little sister, loved and in a family." He said, walking closer to me. 

"I'm scared Niall." I admitted, looking up at him.

"Scared of what?" He asked, 

"Dedication. To give someone everything only for them to go, leaving you with nothing." I said. Why am I telling him this? He doesn't care.

"Audrey, we will never leave you." He said, pulling me into another hug. We stood there for a minute, embraced in one another's arms. 

Suddenly Nial'ls phone rang, scarring us both. Niall pulled it out, answering it.

"Hello? Sorry I'll be right there. No she's staying here." He said. I shook my head quickly, 

"I'm coming with you." I whispered quickly. He nodded,

"Never mind, she's coming. K, see you in a sec." He hung up and smiled down at me. "Ready?" He asked. I swallowed, nodding.

"Yeah." I said, pulling my hair down and shaking it out. He smiled at me, his braces visible.

"Then let's go." He said, holding out his arm. I smiled, wiping the rest of the tears from my eyes and face, taking his arm. He led me off the bus, a big man helping us through the crowd of girls who haven't been shoved behind the barrier yet. 

"Niall?" I whispered, 

"Yeah?" He asked, 

"Thanks for being there for me."