51. We Must Be. Modest!

Niall's P.O.V.

I swallowed, nervousness creeping into my stomach.

"Sure." Audrey said. "I'll be with the boys then." She said, leaving the room. As soon as the door shut Marco was glaring at me.

"So what's this I hear of you and Louis fighting." He asked, 

"Who told you that?" I asked. 

"Niall, you boys are in a 5 star hotel. Your yelling at each other woke the people next to you and they complained to the front desk!" He said, and I could tell he was really angry. 

"Look. Audrey and I are... dating." I said. Marco narrowed his eyes.

"Did you ask to date her?" He asked.

"No. I didn't feel the need to." I said, crossing my arms.

"Niall. She is an employee of Simon who is set up to date Liam." Marco said, pinching the bridge of his nose. 

"Liam didn't even want to fake date her but Simon made them do it anyways! Then like four days later he meets Cat and falls for her!" I said, 

"That was beyond our control." Marco said, 

"Then fix it." I said, knowing I was toeing the line. 

"Apparently we will have to do just that." Marco said sighing. "Niall, I know you guys aren't fond of us at Modest! but we are just trying to do our best at giving you guys the best careers we can give you." 

"Then let us be ourselves. Please." I said, my voice soft, begging. 

"I'm sorry Niall. I'm afraid we can't let that happen." He said, 

"So I can't date Audrey?" I asked, the words not wanting to leave my mouth.

"I'm afraid not Niall. Until her contract ends with Simon then you can't touch her. In fact you will not be near her until the contract expires, that includes sitting next to her in public and walking next to her, talking to her in public. No physical contact at all. Am I clear?" He said coolly. No contact at all? How was I going to do this? Already my heart was aching but now I can't even talk to her. 

"Are we clear?" Marco asked, a bit more authority in his voice. 

"Yeah." I croaked, sitting down on the bed, running my fingers through my hair. 

"Niall, once the contract is up you can date her as much as you like. Simon has a reason for her to be with Liam." Marco said, trying to console me.

"Yeah? Like what?" I snapped. 

"With Liam having a girlfriend it makes him more desirable to the fans. It shows he is still open for a relationship." He said,

"Then let him date Cat!" I said, like it was obvious.

"Sorry, but until the contract has run out there is nothing I can do. I'm truly sorry Niall." Marco said, placing a hand on my shoulder. "We're going to leave soon. You better go and make sure you have everything." He said, walking over to the room door. I nodded, readying myself for the next two months without her. 

Audrey's P.O.V. 

I was waiting in Louis and Niall's room with Liam, Zayn, Harry and Aarvis when Niall walked in.

"Hey, what did Marco have to say?" Liam asked, 

"Nothing much, just that we have to behave ourselves." He said stiffly, throwing random pieces of clothes into his suitcase. Just then Paul stuck his head in the room,

"K'ay boys, Audrey, Aravis. It's time to go." He said and Zayn, Liam, Harry and Aravis nodded, their stuff already outside and in the bus. Niall cursed loudly, kicking his suitcase when it wouldn't close. 

"Here." I said, sitting on the lid so he could zip it. 

"Thanks." He said, not looking me in the eyes. He grabbed his bag and began heading for the door. 

"Niall. What's wrong?" I asked, grabbing his arm, making his stop. 

"I can't do this. I can't date you." He said, keeping his eyes on the floor. I recoiled my hand from him as if he had stung me. 

"What?" I asked, 

"Manag- Nothing. I just can't okay. I'm so sorry." He said, then he turned and left me. Standing alone.