31. It's A No From Me.

“Look, it's Liam!” We all looked and Liam was coming down the hall towards us a smile on his face. We ran over to him, the boys tackling him in a hug, earning a few disapproving looks from the nurses. 

“Well, how is she?” Zayn asked and Liam smiled wider. 

“Come and see.” He said leading us down a white narrow hallway. We followed him into the room where Cat was. She was lying on a bed and smiling at us, her cuts cleaned and bandaged. 

“Audrey, Niall, Harry, Louis, Zayn, you came to see me.” She said brightly we all walked over to her and I smiled, 

“How are you?” I asked, she pursed her lips and shrugged, 

“I feel fine but the Doctor says he has to make sure that I have no internal injuries, He says that if my inside is okay then I will be able to leave in an hour.” She said smiling. We all smiled back and high~fived one another. I looked around and Zayn and Liam where talking together and Liam smiled, and clapped Zayn on the shoulder before walking over to us and Cat. We all started doing our own thing while Liam and Catori talked. After a while Louis and Harry where getting quite board and messing with the blinds on the window when the Doctor walked in.

"Alright Miss. Williams. I just got back the results of your tests and you are good to go. You may leave at any time." He said brightly. He turned to leave but his eyes fell on me. "You, come here." He said quietly, moving his finger in a gesture for me to come closer. Slowly I took a step and then another. Gently the Doctor placed his hands under my chin and I flinched, but his eyes where trained on my face. "These bruises and cuts. How long have you had them?" He asked. 

"About a week. Why." Niall said when I didn't answer. He walked over to me, standing close.

"These are very severe. Possibly damaging the underlying tissue." The Doctor said, dropping his hand from my face. "How did you come by them?" He asked, 

"M-my foster dad." I managed, keeping my eyes on the floor.

"Have you filed a report?" He asked, 

"We are in the process." Louis said, crossing his arms. The Doctor nodded.

"Just make sure to get pictures of all the aberrations. If not you have almost no chance of winning your case." He said, 

"Thank you." Niall said, placing an arm around my waist. The Doctor left, bidding each of a good day. 

*

Harry's P.O.V.

"We cannot take on another person!" Paul yelled at us.

"Paul we have no choice!" Liam argued.

"We are not a charity for the lost or abused! You are a boy-band! You do not have time for girlfriends!" Paul growled, truly angry. I was glad Niall and Audrey where in the bus with Cat right now. If not, Niall would have gotten angry at the 'girlfriend' remark and Audrey would be freaked out because of all the screaming. 

"She's not my girlfriend!" Liam yelled back.

"Liam, get out. Now." Paul said, trying to control his temper.

"I'm done." Liam said, leaving the room. Paul sighed, sitting down wearily in his chair. 

"You understand why I can't let her come, right Harry?" Paul asked me quietly.

"Yeah, I do." I said, 

"Good." he said. "At least one of you-"

"Hire her." I interrupted. 

"is smart- What?" He said, realizing what I said.

"Hire her." I repeated.

"No." Paul said without thought.

"Why not?" 

"Because we don't need her." Paul said sounding weary.

"Sarah could use help with the food. Cat used to work at her Aunts restaurant." I said,

"Harry. I'm Sure Simon doesn't want to have another person to keep track of. He's under enough pressure trying to keep Audrey under the radar." Paul said.

"If it's anything Cat is deaf, she won't be able to find work anywhere else. She obviously can't go home so if we don't at least offer her a job she is left with nothing." I said before turning and leaving. I smiled as I walked knowing the seed was sown.