36. Please. No!

“HARRY!” I screamed. The whole room was still. Me and Joey frozen, watching to see who would get up.

A groan rang through the air and Sherry shoved Harry off her, his limp body making a small dull thud on the floor. 

“Let's go. We're going to have to leave her.” Sherry said to Joey, her shirt covered in blood. Joey nodded and pushed me onto the hard concrete floor. "Wait." Sherry said, her eyes on me. "I want to leave her with a gift. A special one to remember us by." She said calmly. She then looked to Joey who knelt down next to me, restraining my hands to my sides, and pinning my body to the floor.

"Sherry the police will be here soon." Joey fretted.

"Shut up and then we'll leave." She said, kneeling down next to my face. "This will only hurt a lot." She said to me, the glint of something metal in her hand bringing the fear back. Roughly she shoved my head to the side, her hand pinning my face down. Then I felt it. A sharp, searing pain down the right side of my cheek. Starting at my hairline it continued to my chin then again making another line towards my lips. I screamed, over and over as the pain continued.

"Sherry!" Joey said over my screams, "Listen." Sherry stopped, listening. I stopped screaming, loud sobs falling from lips.

"Shut up!" She said to me, kicking the side of my head. "I don't hear -" Sherry began but the sound of footsteps coming to the building became louder. "Let's go." Sherry said standing, leaving me sobbing on the floor. Joey stood and together they left leaving me in nothing but my bra and pants and me and Harry both bleeding on the floor. 

'Harry, I have to get to Harry.' my mind told me, making me break out of my trace-like state. Slowly I drug myself over to Harry. His unmoving body scaring me.

“Harry, Harry, please get up, please, don’t go. Stay with me!” I sobbed, I turned him over so he was lying on his back, his whole right shoulder was soaked in blood and the pool was getting bigger by the minute. I stood shakily and stumbled over to my ripped shirt. Bringing it back over to him, I pulled off his T-shirt and tried my best to bandage the aria. The door opened and a whole group of men wearing black and carrying guns ran in. I held up my left hand the other holding pressure on Harry’s shoulder. 

“Please help, my friends been shot, he needs an ambulance now!” I sobbed, the tears flowing thickly, stinging my face, my voice barely understandable. The men lowered their guns and a few left. 

"We need and Ambulance at the old storage building behind the Eagle roller-coaster. We have two victims, one female the other male. The male is unconscious and bleeding severely. The female is also bleeding with minor lacerations to the face." The police officer said into his shoulder radio.

Soon the building was swarmed with Paramedics. As soon as they arrived they bound Harry’s wounds and quickly left with him. Another ambulance stayed with me, a woman paramedic helping me out, plus a policeman.

“Do you have any idea who did this?” The policemen asked while the woman did something to my face that stung.

“Joey and Sherry Cannon, my old Foster parents.” I said, my voice sounding far away. 

“Any idea why they would do this?” The lady asked softly. 

“I ran away because they used to abuse me.” I began to shake and gasp as the images of Sherry shoving Harry’s limp body off hers, the blood pouring from his shoulder and the pool slowly growing filled my mind.

“Shh, calm down sweetie.” The Paramedic said, her voice kind, but unable to affect me. I hugged my knees to my chest, the large T-shirt one of the people had given to me falling around me. 

“Audrey!” I looked up to see Niall running to me, I stood shakily and he wrapped me in his arms. After a few seconds he pulled away, “I was so worried! I heard Harry was shot, but no one knew if you where okay or not! I was so worried, are you okay?” He asked his hands on my shoulders. “I'm sorry, this is all my fault, I should have never have let you leave my sight.” He said, small tears falling from his eyes. 

I reached up and pressed my lips to his, quieting him. I laid my head on his shoulder, more tears sliding from my eyes as my cheek stung where it made contact with his shirt, but I didn't care. Niall and the woman shared a few words, but I didn’t listen, all I knew is somewhere nearby Harry was going through surgery to save his life and it was all because of me. The team of men who left came back walking up to the man who questioned me.

“We tracked them to the fence where we lost them. No sign of the man or woman anywhere on either side of the fence.” One said, I began to hyperventilate, the thought of Joey and Sherry still able to walk among the public scared me out of my mind.

Niall pulled me back a little asking me something but I couldn’t hear him, my vision was cloudy and my legs felt like jelly. Niall looked down at his pocket and pulled out his phone, he answered it and a blank look crossed his face, he closed his eyes and looked down.

I knew it, Harry was dead.

I blacked out.