26. She's Here!

I Looked up and Louis held my phone. The picture of Liam and I holding hands filled the tiny screen. 

"Who sent that?" Niall asked, I was shocked by how angry he sounded. 

"Some guy named Joey Cannon." Zayn said taking the phone from Louis. I whimpered at the name, Harry put his arm around me, holding me closer to his side. 

"I think this was her Foster dad." Niall said. 

"But in order for him to have gotten this picture he must have been right there!" Liam said. My eyes snapped open at his words, the realization hitting me like a ton of bricks. 

'He was there! He was right there! He could have shot me, grabbed me, anything! He was so close!' My mind screamed at me.

"Audrey! Breath! Calm down!" Louis said, his voice sounding distant and far away. I grasped at my chest, trying to hold in my pounding heart. 

"Shh, shhh. It's okay." Niall said, trading seats with Louis and pulling me into his lap. I clung to him. Gasping into the collar of his shirt. 

'What are you doing stupid girl?! Stop crying! You are embarrassing the boys and me! You are weak!' The voice in my head told me. Instantly I locked my voice, breaking off in mid sob. I blinked, pushing back the flow of tears. Slowly I crawled off Niall and sat in my seat, well aware of the watching, worried, shocked, eyes of the boys on me. 

*

Soon we where back at the theater, now it was all lit up with lights and billboards promoting the words, One Direction, Take Me Home! The boys walked through the front this time, shaking hands and giving quick hugs and an autograph here and there as Paul and his crew pushed the boys and I along. Liam and I held hands again, earning screams and cries from the fans trying to push through the barriers. 

By the time we hand entered the building Niall had an Irish flag someone had given him, Harry had lost his jacket, Liam had a stuffed animal someone had thrown, Louis’ hands where red from girls trying to hold onto him, but Zayn was pretty chill and like, I, untouched and happy about that. We walked down the hallway, none of us speaking. My wild ordeal in the van very fresh on our minds. Paul led us into the busy dressing room where Lou was waiting. 

"'Bout time you guys showed up! You have like four hours until you go in stage!" She said, sounding only slightly annoyed. The boys nodded, pulling their shirts over their heads.

"Sorry, we went out for Lunch." Harry told her. 

"Did you bring me anything?" Lou asked. 

"No." Harry laughed, 

"Clown makeup it is then!" Lou teased chasing after Harry with a makeup brush. Harry's phone began to ring and he snatched it up, answering it quickly. 

"Hey baby!" He said, trying to catch his breath. He sat down and Lou began work on his hair. 

"Hey Aravis!" Lou said leaning close to Harry's phone at his ear. 

"Yeah that was Louise." Harry confirmed to the person on the other line. 
*

Two hours later Lou was finished with all of the boys who where fully dressed and make-upped. Harry was still talking on the phone so I tapped my wrist telling it was time to go. He nodded and told the person goodbye and lots of 'I love you's' and hung up.

"Sorry." He said, catching up with the rest of us.

We left the room and went to the stage where the boys did a sound check and a Q&A session. I almost screamed in fear as my phone buzzed, receiving a text. Slowly I pulled it out of my pocket and opened it looking at the screen,

'One new message from Catori.' 

I almost passed out from relief, leaning against a wall as I pressed 'read'.

'Hey, I'm outside and so excited to see you and Niall again and also meet the boys! See you after the show.'

I texted her back, 

'kk see u soon.'

I pressed send and Niall walked over to me, finished with sound check and waiting for the rest of the fans to file in. 

I showed him mine and Catori's texts he smiled, just as excited as I was. We waited for the fans to fill the theater witch took longer than expected, at 9:15 the announcer came onto the speakers, 

“All right guys its time for our boys to come on out, in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1!” The place erupted and the lads popped up on stage and Live While We're Young started playing. 

I waited patently back stage, listening to them sing. At the end of the show the boys waved bye to their fans and ran off. I hugged and High-fived each boy as they ran by, 

“That was epic,” I told them, my arm slung over Harry's neck, they laughed and Niall put his arm around my shoulder. 

“Here she comes,” Niall whispered to me, I looked up and my mouth dropped, 

Catori was wearing a stunning purple shirt that fit her frame nicely, a pair of white and blue tie-dye skinny jeans and an awesome pair of purple heels. I waved as she walked over to me and Niall, a huge smile on her face as we each gave her a hug. 

She stepped back her face glowing, 

"How was the concert?" I signed and her smile got bigger, 

"It was amazing, I had my shoes off most of the time so I could hear better! Look," She flipped her hair over showing us a tiny hearing aid, my eyes where big as I studied it, 

“Wow, so dose that mean you can hear us now?” I asked stepping back, 

Catori made a face, “Sort of, when people talk their voices sound muffled. I really have to pay attention. But I can hear myself okay.” She said out loud flipping her hair back. I noticed she had a lot more control over her voice than when we first met her. 

"Did you like the concert?" Niall asked, Catori laughed and I smiled. 

"Yes! It was amazing!" Catori praised, 

"I'm glad you enjoyed it." Louis said reminding me that that they where here. 

"Oh yeah. Catori this is Louis, Liam, Harry, and Zayn. Boys this is Catori." I introduced them.

 Zayn smiled and waved, Harry said, hi, Louis said hello and, Liam, well he just stood there his eyes wide. Catori smiled and waved, I put my arm around her shoulders and looked at the boys. 

“Hi I'm Harry,” Harry said, even though I just told her. Catori waved a huge smile on her face looking at each of the boys, she turned to face me. 

"What is the matter with Liam?" She signed/asked me, I shrugged, playing dumb. I noticed the boys giving one other looks as Catori signed, I let Catori go and walked over next to Liam, 

“Liam why don't you go and say 'hi'?” I asked, Liam shrugged, I led him closer to the group, including him more. 

I smiled, "Again, this is Liam, he’s acting kinda shy but don’t let him fool you, he’s a nut in reality." I signed to Catori, she laughed and smiled at Liam, he smiled back and I walked back to Niall, taking his hand. Liam smiled and Catori gave Liam a hug, surprising him, he patted her back and she stepped back, 

“You are my favorite, you have such an innocent voice, I can feel it whenever you sing, it makes my heart fly.” Catori said signing as she talked, Liam looked surprised but pleased, 

“Thank you.” He said giving her another hug. 

Harry walked over to me, “Why is she using sign language?” He asked 

"Catori's deaf." I said, quietly. Harry nodded right as Paul walked up to us.

"Alright guys. Its time for bed." He said. 

"Paul do you mind if Catori comes and checks the bus out?" Liam asked, 

Paul sighed, closing his eyes. "Fine." He said. knowing he wouldn't win the fight. Harry and Liam cheered, and Catori smiled. "But we have to leave now!" Paul said, walking down the hallway. The boys changed and then we walked to the bus.

Catori stood with her eyes wide, taking everything in. I touched her shoulder and she gave a slight jump of surprise, 

"You like?" I asked and she nodded, I smiled and we walked into the bus. Catori gave a small squeal of happiness, all six of us smiled, watching her explore. 

"This is amazing!" She said, running her hand over the sofa as to see if it was real. Catori's phone beeped and she read the message she had received. I notice the slight scared look on her face as she read but she quickly hid it.

“I have to go,” Catori said forcing a smile. Liam stepped forwards, 

“I can drive you.” He said blushing a little, she smiled and nodded, 

“That would be great,” She said, Liam smiled leaving the bus to get the keys from Paul. Catori turned to everyone and gave them hugs, she smiled at me and held me close, “Thank you,” she whispered, pulling back, I smiled, 

“Your welcome, Catori.” I said, 

"Call me Cat." She said, laughing slightly then sighing, she pulled away, a sad look creeping into her eyes, “Will I ever see you guys again?” She asked I frowned, 

“I don’t know, but I hope we will, especially Liam, I think he likes you.” I said giving her a sly smile, she blushed, 

“I think I like him to, he’s so sweet.” Just then Liam walked back with Paul’s keys, I gave Cat one last hug and then they left.