39. Broken Freak.

Niall’s P.O.V.

I heard Audrey’s soft breathing and knew she was asleep, I clumsily stood, holding her bridal style. Carefully I laid her on the bed, laying beside her as I ran my fingers through her hair. After a few minutes I got up slowly trying not to wake her and left the room. I walked back to mine hoping the boys where asleep. I opened the door and my hope was smashed as all four guys and Cat ran up to me, worried looks on their faces. 

“Well?” Liam asked. 

“Well, what?” I asked pushing past them, 

“How was she?” Zayn asked following me, I sighed, turning to face my band-mates and friend.

“She saw her face.” I said, the boys groaned and Cat gasped, looks of sorrow on their faces. 

"How did she take it?" Cat asked, tears in her eyes.

"She cried herself to sleep." I said, "Are you sure this was the right way to do this? To let her find out herself?" I asked, 

"Niall, If we had told her she would have thought we where judging her. Letting her find out herself was the best way." Liam said, I nodded. I turned and sat/fell onto the couch, grabbing the remote I turned on the TV and flipped through the channels, not finding anything that interested me I turned it back off and closed my eyes, slowly drifting to sleep.

Audrey’s P.O.V.

I woke with the light streaming in and falling into my eyes, I sat up and looked around. Stretching, I swung my feet off the huge bed and walked to the bathroom, grabbing an outfit out of my suitcase as I went by. I walked into the bathroom and locked the door. Slowly I looked at myself in the mirror, my eyes where wide but my face,

My face was ravaged. The whole right side of my face was blue and green. And falling from my hairline to my chin was a long, deep cut, stitches held the skin together. Another cut ran from my cheek bone to the middle of the other cut, more stitches holding this together as well. 

'Why didn't anyone say anything to me?' I thought, 

'Because they hate you! They didn't tell you because they didn't want to think about your ugly face. I bet they paid the others to talk to you. You are now just as ugly on the outside as you are on the inside.'  The voice inside my head hissed, 

'But Niall, stayed with me.' I shot back at the voice. 

'Because he pities you! He doesn't love you! Nobody loves you.' 

Did Niall really see me as the ugly, ruined, fat, freak I really was? Yes, and now he hates me. I know he dose. 

Sluggishly I began to get dressed. I brushed my teeth and brushed my hair. I unlocked the bathroom and walked out. I sat on my bed trying not to think. I sat there until someone knocked on my door and I jumped. Slowly I got up and  answered the door. 

Niall. 

“Good morning.” He said said softly, a kind smile on his lips. I nodded, stepping away from the room door to let him in.

“How are you feeling this morning?” He asked, sounding genuinely concerned. He must be a good liar.

“Why do you care?” I mumbled, he paused at the side of the bed, his eyes wide. 

"I care because I'm worried about you." He said, I snorted, 

"Just admit it Niall. You guys just want me for publicity. You guys picked the first broken girl on the side of the road to give you guys more fans!" I said, almost shouting, tears beginning to fall. 

"Where is this coming from? We never used you for publicity! The deal you made was with Simon, not us." Niall said, getting mad.

"Then why do you care about me? I am nothing Niall!" I asked, tears now streaming down my face. 

"Dang it Audrey! I care because I love you! I love you with all my heart!" He shouted. My mouth fell open and my eyes growing wide at his words. He slumped back onto the bed, as if drained by our conversation. "I love you and I just want you to love me back." He said, looking down. 

"I can't love you!" I shouted, he turned and looked back at me. 

"And why is that? Give me one good reason." He said, his tone filled with pain and sadness. 

"Because." I replied, my voice quieter. 

"Audrey please! Was it something I did?" He asked, coming closer. I looked away, unable to look him in the eyes, 

"I've forgotten how to love! I've forgotten how trust. Because I'm a broken freak."