23. Surprise.

"I'm sorry." We both said together. "Wha-" we began but then stopped. 

"You go first." He said. "Hold on, come'ere." He said leading me farther down the hallway, away from any listening ears. We stopped, the low voices of everybody in the dressing room just a low hum. 

"I'm sorry." I whispered, finally looking at him. 

"No, it's me who's sorry. I shouldn't have..." He said. 

"But I asked you to." I reminded. 

"But I ruined it for you." He whispered, looking close to tears.

I was confused. Ruined the kiss? No. It was perfect. I was the one to ruin everything. 

"What?" I breathed. 

"Audrey don't try to spare my feelings. I know I'm a bad kisser. I don't know why I agreed, I mean I knew it was your first kiss and I ruined it." He said, a single, small, tear slipped from his eye and down to his chin. Gently I wiped it away, my hand lingering on his cheek. 

"Niall. I thought the kiss was perfect. I was the one who.." I trailed off, not wanting to say 'I messed up the kiss.' because it wasn't messed up. But perfect. "I'm glad, over the moon happy, that you, Niall Horan, where my first kiss." I said, watching his face. 

He smiled a smile of relief, happiness settling in his eyes. 

I leaned closer and warped my arms around his chest, laying my head on his shoulder. He placed his arms around me, gently, still aware of my injuries. 

"I really like you, Audrey." He whispered in my ear. 

"I like you too, Niall. More than I should." I whispered back. 

Softly he pulled away just enough to look at me. "Would you be willing to go on a date with me?" He asked. 

I froze. A date? Oh no! 

"I-I can't." I breathed, 

"Why?" He asked, hurt. 

"I-" I paused, my first, and only date, replaying in my head. My cheeks flushed with the embarrassment from the bad memory.

"Please?" He begged, "I promise, nowhere fancy. Maybe like a picnic or something." He said. 

"No high heels?" I asked. He laughed a real genuine laugh. 

"No heels." He said, 

"Okay. I'll go on a date with you." I smiled, 

"Yes!" He cheered, punching the air. I smiled wider, wishing I could laugh. 

"Audrey!" Louise calked, we turned and she was walking towards us a huge smile plastered on her face. "There you are!" She said, ignoring the fact Niall and I where still hugging each other close. 

"Is it time?" Niall asked her. Lou nodded, 

"Yes yes! Hurry! They're just pulling up!" She said, pulling on Niall's hand. Making sure not to touch me. 

Maybe she did notice me flinch. 

Niall let go of me all except for my hand which he kept a strong hold on. As we walked down the hallway a few people smiled at me and a few even began to follow us whispering "It must be time." To each other.  

"Wait here!" Louise chirped, stopping at the door leading outside to the parking lot. She ran out then back in,

"Cover her eyes." She told Niall. 

"Are you okay with that?" He asked me. I swallowed but nodded, yes. I could trust Niall. He half smiled at me then placed his big hands over my eyes, blocking my view completely. 

I wanted to pull away, to take his hands away from my face but I held still, to intrigued about this so called 'surprise' to  worry to much. 

"Okay, this way." Lou instructed, and I could feel her hand gently take mine and begin to lead me me forwards. 

"Okay, right there. That's good Lou." Niall said. I listened for a clue, but all I could hear was outside noise. 

"Okay. Let her look!" Louise said. Niall dropped his hands from my eyes and I gasped.