53. Just Me And Lou.

The place we had gone to was called Cafe Pasquale's, it was beautiful and rustic looking. I looked around intrigued by the scenery. We walked inside and a lady showed us to our booth and gave us menus. I looked around taking everything in, the wood tables and red and tan walls gave it a vintage Mexican feel, the service was fast and attentive and our food was so good! 

Louis and I stayed a little longer after we ate just to enjoy the non-hecticness of the world, chatting together asking random questions, 

“How do you see yourself in five years?” Louis asked me after a moment, I smiled, 

“You do to many interviews, but to answer your question, I don't know. I'd like to be in a steady job or maybe in a good relationship.” I said truthfully, Louis nodded, 

“Same,” He said, 

“I'm glad you asked me to come with you for Dinner.” I said, watching my hands. 

“No problem,” He said lightly, "Believe it or not but I actually like spending time with you." He said, smiling. 

"Oh, thanks Louis!" I said smiling wider. 

"You know, a few weeks ago a remark like that would have really hurt your feelings." He said, smirking. 

"Yeah. It would have wouldn't it." I said, thinking back. 

"You've really opened up, and I like that." Louis said, leaning back against his seat. I nodded, thoughtful. After we both felt we overstayed our welcome I pulled my bandana back into place and we left, taking the truck back to the hotel where we called Paul and he came and got us. Helping us through the screaming crowd of fans. Once we raced to the elevators and got in I noticed Louis became quiet, then I noticed he had pressed the button for the roof, 

“Umm, Lou, our room is on the ninth floor.” I said, Louis nodded and gave me a half smile. The doors opened and we walked out into the hallway and then Louis led me to a door and a flight of steps leading up to another door, we stopped and I waited for him to open it, so I was surprised when he covered my eyes with his hands. 

“Louis, what’s going on?” I asked shock coloring my voice, I heard Louis chuckle, 

“Just a little surprise.” He said. Then I felt a sudden rush of air as if we where now outside. Louis helped me forwards a few steps before he let his hand fall from my eyes. My mouth fell open, there was a thick blanket spread out on the floor of the roof and the whole of Santa Fe spread out beneath us, but what really stunned me was the sunset, the rays bounced off the windows of houses and cars. Turning all of the buildings red and gold, the brown and yellow clouds around the sun swirled perfectly together. Then something clicked in my head, my smile faded. 

“Louis.” I breathed, turning to him, pulling my bandanna down. "Was this a date?" I asked, watching his dark blue eyes.

"Yeah." He sighed, stuffing his hands in his jeans pockets. "Well and no. I just wanted it to be fun for you." He said, looking down then back up at me.

"Louis. I-I.." Just then the roof door opened and Niall walked out onto the roof carrying his guitar.