28. Much Better The Second Time.

"Time to get up!" Louis announced to me. I groaned and rolled over.

"I just laid down! Go away." I mumbled, 

"Audrey is nearly 9:30, it's time to get up!" He persisted.

"No!" I pouted, pulling my blankets over my head. 

"Have it your own way." He mumbled. Inside I felt a bit smug, knowing I got my way. But that smugness was ripped away as Louis pulled me from my bed. Throwing me over his shoulder he took me into the living room, ignoring my loud protests. 

"You horrible man!" I pouted as he set me, feet first, on the floor. 

"I'm nothing if not persistent." He smiled. 

"Your a pain." I grumbled.

"Yeah, I'm that too!" He laughed. Accepting the fact I had to get up I showered, and got dressed. 

"Where is everyone else?" I asked Louis, who was texting again. His phone had been going off all morning.

"Who?" He asked, I rolled my eyes.

"Zayn, Niall, Liam, Harry, your band-mates." I said, Louis looked up at me.

"What?" He asked, 

"Louis!" I whined. 

"What?" He asked, copying my tone. Again his phone vibrated, his attention completely captured. 

"Did Sarah make breakfast?" I asked, giving up on a conversation.

"Yes, but you can't have any." Louis said, texting.

"Wha-why?" I asked, 

"Don't get mad at me. A higher power commanded this." He said, 

"Great! Even God thinks I'm fat!" I said. Louis frowned, looking up at me.

"Your not fat." He said. I gave him a 'yeah right' look. "Just be patient." He said, "The boys should be back any-"

"We'er home!" Harry announced, him, and Zayn climbing onto the bus. 

"Did you get it?" Louis asked. 

"Yeah." Zayn said, 

"Where's Niall and Liam?" I asked, 

"Niall's outside. Liam is... out." Harry said, smiling like an idiot. I shook my head at him, leaving the bus. Niall was leaned against Paul's truck, a smile on his face. As I got closer he opened the passenger side door and extended a hand.

"Your chariot my lady." He said, his voice proper. I took his hand and he helped me into the truck. He closed my door and hurried to the drivers side. 

"So, where are you taking me?" I asked as he got in, trying to hide my smile.

"There's no fun if I just tell you. You, are just going to have to wait." He said, pulling out of the parking lot. A smile on his face.

The ride was quiet. The radio off as Niall drove out of the city the big buildings of San Francisco giving way to smaller homes. 

"Here we are." Niall said, pulling into a small parking lot right off the road. He parked and we got out. 

"Oh wow!" I breathed. It was beautiful. The dark blue river was wide, and full of ducks and geese. The evenly spaced trees where just getting new leaves but their branches where full of little sparrows. 

"Like it?" Niall asked, 

"Is- is this our d-date?" I asked, looking at him. 

"Right you are." He laughed, his hand taking mine. He led me down the sidewalk and soon a surprise came into view.

"A picnic?!" I gushed, a huge smile on my face. 

"To cheesy?" Niall asked, 

"No! I love it!" I said truthfully. Together we walked to the blanket that was placed perfectly on the ground. A basket held our food, plates and forks. Even a little vase held a small flower to Finnish the look. We sat and Niall began pulling everything out of the basket. He placed two plates on the blanket, two bottles of water and then two sandwiches.

"Turkey or ham?" He asked.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"The one you don't." He said, a smile playing around his lips.

"Why don't we each have half." I suggested smiling back. 

"Good idea." He said, cutting the sandwiches in half and one placing a turkey half and ham half on each plate. 

I picked my sandwich up and took a bite. "This is great! Where did you get these?" I asked, swallowing.

"Liam made them." Niall said, taking another bite. "I was going to but I was never much of a cook. Greg or Dad always fixed our meals."

"Is Greg your brother?" I asked, Niall nodded.

"Yeah. We never got along as kids but I miss him like heck now." He paused. "That's the hardest part about this job. Leaving your family for months on end and then only getting to see them for only a few days." 

"Yeah, I miss my Mom and Dad too." I smiled. "I remember on Friday's we would have a family time and play a game. We would fight over game pieces and accuse each other of cheating but it was all in good fun. I would give anything to be back with them." I said, 

"When my parents divorced I remember I just wanted to leave. To get my own life, that's why I entered X Factor so young. But now, I miss those times." Niall said, looking down at his hands.

"What is X Factor?" I asked, 

"It's like a show where people go and sing. After a while only the best is left and they are given a record label and an album. That's where I met the lads." He looked up at me. "Don't you guys have American Idol over here?" He asked.

"Yeah, but I haven't seen it in years. Sherry and Joey never let me use the internet, watch TV, or even go outside. So I never knew what was going on." 

"So that's why you didn't know who we where." Niall said. I nodded. We slipped into a comfortable silence, my mind reviewing his words as I finished eating. 

"What was your first date like?" Niall asked. I snorted.

"Terrible. I was like twelve and he took me to a McDonald's, witch would have been fine except he told me to dress fancy. So I went all out. Dress, high heels, makeup, the whole lot. He even wore a tux. Anyways we get there and the place is packed full of people. After we wait for a table he has his Mom bring a table cloth, candle, CD player with classical music from the car!" Niall laughed, "Yeah I was so embarrassed! Eventually I called my Mom and begged her to pick me up. So I told him I was going to the bathroom and left the building,"

"You didn't even tell him you where leaving?" Niall laughed, 

"No! I just wanted to get out of there. So my Mom pulled up and I ran for the car, but I was never a graceful child, so me being in heels I tripped and.." I paused my cheeks heating up.

"What?" Niall asked

"When I fell my dress went up and everyone saw my underwear." I said and Niall tried to hide his laughter. "Since then I have vowed to never put on another dress or skirt." I said,

"Well is this date any better?" Niall asked, all the humor gone from his face. I paused, trying to word how I felt correctly. He looked up, our eyes meeting. Suddenly, without my own permission I leaned in and kissed him. A short, sweet kiss but a kiss non-the-less. I pulled away and his eyes where wide, surprised, "I'll take that as a yes."