22. Breakfast.

Audrey's P. O. V. 

"Audrey. Time to get up." I heard Harry whisper to me,  softly shaking my shoulder. 

"Ugh, what time is it?" I moaned, the light hurting my eyes. 

"6:30." He answered. 

"Why so early?" I asked rubbing my eyes. 

"We are getting ready to-" 

"Don't tell her anything!!" Louis playfully shouted, running from the living room to tackle Harry to the floor. Both of them grunting on impact. 

"You twit! Stop that!" Harry groaned pushing Louis off him. 

"Your going to ruin the surprise!" Louis said, his eyes flicking between me and Harry.

"I'm not going to ruin anything. I'm just getting her up, now please, stop pushing me to the floor." Harry said getting off the floor. 

I watched with my eyebrows raised, slight amusement bubbling in my chest as I watched their brotherly banter. 

Harry helped Louis off the floor and then they both left me alone, both still fussing with each other. Leaving me to wonder what they had planed for today. Quickly as I could I took a shower, washed my face, and dressed, eager to find out what was in store for today. 

"Good morning." Liam said to me as I entered the living room, he was shirtless and wearing sweat pants. 

"Morning." I replied, "where's everyone else?" I asked, and by everyone I meant Niall, I really needed to talk to him. To explain. 

"Their in the dressing room getting breakfast." He said. I nodded. "Did you want me to show you where it is?" He asked, I shook my head no. 

"I remember where it was, thank you." I smiled, exiting the bus and heading deeper into the building. Immediately I encountered people, security guards, sound people, and a few more I didn't recognize. All of them smiled at me, a few even chirped a 'good morning' as they hurried by. 

But I soon saw the main batch of people, standing around a room door. Some people walking in or out, some standing in the doorway eating something that smelt delicious. 

I walked in and my jaw dropped. Laid out on a long table was a buffet of food. Eggs, bacon, hash browns, toast, mushrooms, beans, muffins, sausage, and two ten gallon coolers full of orange juice. Hungrily my stomach growled as I watched the steam pour off the eggs. 

I reached for a plate, then stopped. My attention captured.

My stomach dropped.

Niall.

He was leaned against the wall with a guitar slung around to his side, a plate in his hands. All of the things I wanted to say to him vanished from my mind along with my courage. All I wanted to to was leave, to run from the room but I had to keep calm.  

'Just keep on, don't stare at him like a stupid freak.' The voice in my head growled at me. I snapped my gaze back to the stack of plates, my appetite gone. 

'Just get some food and get out!' She yelled, I obliged and grabbed a plate, piling it with whatever. 

"Audrey!" A voice called, making me jump and almost drop my plate. I turned and Louise was smiling at me, Lux bouncing on her hip. 

"Oh hey Lou." I breathed, relieved. 

"I'm so excited!" She said, a wide smile on her face. 

"About what?" I asked. Her smile dropped, a look of shock taking it's place.

"Didn't the boys tell you." She asked in a stage whisper, leaning closer.  

"Tell me what?" I asked, mimicking her tone, also leaning in.

"Ooooo, no! Not from me! Obviously they're keeping it for a surprise." She said, leaning back and taking a backwards step. 

"Down!" Lux commanded and Louise put her down, and Lux ran off. 

"Oh c'mon Lou!" I begged, 

"No, no, no!" Lou laughed. 

"Uncle Niall! Hold me!" I heard Lux say. Lou and I looked and Lux stood in front of Niall, her tiny hands reaching up to him. He laughed and set his plate down, he bent down and picked her up, throwing her gently in the air making the little girl squeal with delight. "Play something!" Lux said from his arms, patting the end of the guitar at his side. 

"Like what?" He asked. 

"Little things!" She cheered. 

"If you insist!" He said putting Lux down and bringing the guitar around to his front where he began to pick the intro to the song. He looked up and our eyes met. 

"Audrey." Lou said, bringing back to reality. I looked at her, blinking. "You okay?" She asked.

"Yeah why?" I asked.

"Well, you kinda spaced out for a while." She said, 

"Oh sorry, I was just watching Lux." I said, blushing.

"Oh," Lou laughed. 

"She's so cute." I complemented. 

"Thanks, but she's a mess. Little diva that one." Lou said, her face glowing with pride as she watched her daughter dance to the guitar. 

"Yeah." I said, my eyes on Niall. I watched at he played, noticing the way the muscles in his arm flexed as he changed notes. I also noticed the way he seemed content and secure as he played. Almost as if noting could touch him while he played. 

"Well I got to go. I will be seeing you later!" Louise said, capturing my attention again. I smiled at her and she patted my arm. I flinched at her touch but hopefully not enough for her to notice. I turned my gaze back to Lux and Niall and saw Niall starring at me. I could see the hurt and questions in his eyes, so I looked away. 

"Audrey?" Niall's voice asked. I looked up and he was walking over to me, his guitar at his side. I put my plate down and headed for the door. "Audrey wait!" He called after me, catching my arm, turning me to look at him. 

"What is it Niall?" I asked, my voice quiet, husky. My eyes studying the floor.

"We need to talk."