21. Confused.

Audrey's P. O. V. 

My mind was racing. I could feel his heart beat against mine, I could feel his braces, I could feel the supple muscles of his stomach against mine. 

I could taste the mint on his breath.

My legs shook slightly as I realized how perfect this was. Us together. To bad he would never want to date me. To bad I swindled him into kissing me. He probably thinks I'm terrible at it. He probably wants me to stop. 

That's when I pulled away. 

"I'm sorry." I gasped, my lips tingling, my fingers grasping at the fabric of his shirt. 

"Sorry?" He breathed, also out of breath. 

"I- I'm-" I closed my mouth and pushed out of his arms that where locked around me. As soon as I was free I ran to the bus, totally forgetting about the others and the guests. 

"Hey where did you go? Where's Niall?" Liam asked from the kitchen where he was having a drink. 

"Outside." I answered, quietly. 

"Outside? Why? It's cold out there." He said, perplexed.

"I don't know, Liam. I'm tired." I snapped, 

"Oh, okay." Liam said, shocked by my out of character moodiness. "I'll tell the other to keep it down." He said grabbing his water bottle and disappearing into the X box room. 

Quickly I changed in the bathroom, washing my face and brushing my teeth. I sighed at my reflection. I still had small, healing cuts and bruises on my face and neck. I looked hideous. I just wanted to break down, to scream and cry but I couldn't. Instead I went to my bunk where I curled up under my quilt and enveloped myself in warmth. Slowly I got the nagging voice in my head to be quiet long enough for me to sleep. 

Niall's P. O. V. 

"Niall," She whispered, 

"Yeah?" I breathed, holding her close to me. 

"I want you to be my first kiss." She said, tighten her hold on me. I instantly I wanted to crash my lips to hers, to feel her lips move against mine. Something I wanted ever since I met her.

"What?" I whispered, pulling away a little to look at her. 

"Your my best friend. You know everything about me. You care, and now I.. want you to kiss me." She said, confidently but I could hear the nerves in her voice.

I gave her a soft smile, “Are you sure?” I asked putting a hand on her soft cheek. Careful not to hurt the cuts there.

"Yes." She whispered. I paused momentarily, allowing for her to stop me, my my mind begged her not to. Then I closed the rest of the distance. I closed my eyes and I felt my lips touch hers. 

I almost moaned. 

The feeling was incredible. Of course I've kissed lots of girls but none had this kind of affect on me! Her lips where soft and sweet. Her body fit mine perfectly. I never wanted to stop. 

That's when She pulled away. 

"I'm sorry." She gasped, out of breath. I could see the hurt in her eyes and my stomach dropped. She hated it.

"Sorry?" I breathed. 

"I- I'm-" She stuttered, pushing out of my arms that where wrapped around her waist. As soon as she was free she ran to the bus, leaving me. I looked down at my shoes, feeling incredibly guilty. I need to think this out, so I began to walk, watching the pavement as I ran my fingers through my hair. 

"Niall?" Liam's voice called out to me from the bus. Instinctively I looked up and saw him walking to me. "Niall." He said once he reached me. 

"Please, just let me be, Liam." I begged. 

"Why? What happened between you and Audrey?" He asked. I sighed, running my hand over my hair again. 

"I kissed her." I said, 

"You what?" Liam gasped, 

"Yeah. I kissed her. Square on the mouth." I said, sounding unashamed. In truth I wasn't ashamed just... hurt. 

"Why?" Liam asked, eyes wide. 

"She asked me to." I said simply, no emotion in my voice. But in reality I wanted to scream, ask Liam why she rejected me. 

"She just asked you to?" Liam repeated sounding unsure. "Why?" 

"Look, I don't know why! She just.. asked me. Okay?" I yelled. I sighed and turned around, my hand on the back of my neck. "Li, I-I think I like her. A lot. More than I know I should." I said, my voice at normal volume. 

"Well, that makes two of you. I wasn't lying when I said Lou liked her as well." Liam said softly. 

"What am I going to do?" I asked, almost begging. 

"I'd say just wait and see what choices Audrey makes. Let her chose." Liam said, kindly. I looked up at him and gave him a half smile. "Do you think you can do that?" He asked, I nodded. 

"Yeah, I can." I answered.  

"Good. Let's get inside. It's freezing out here." He said, taking my arm and leading me back to the bus. The hot air of the Tour bus hit me like a warm, comfy blanket. Making my freezing skin prickle with goosebumps. 

"Where is she?" I asked, 

"In the bed. She was pretty... upset." Liam said. I nodded and grabbed my guitar, taking a seat on the couch I placed my fingers on the chords and began to pick randomly at the strings. Softly, I began to sing the words that had been bouncing around in my head since the day I met her.  

"And being here without you,

It's like I'm waking up to.

Only half a blue sky,

Kinda there but not quite,

I'm walking round with just one shoe,

I'm a half a heart without you."