Please don't leave me (Cheryl x reader)

Summary: I hate the way they just left Cheryl like that so here's Cheryl getting some of the love she deserves

When you and your friends discovered the truth about what really happened to Jason Blossom your first instinct was worrying about Cheryl.

She was living in a house with a man willing to kill his own son.

When the news broke of Clifford's suicide you went to Thorn Hill to check up on her but Penelope would not allow her daughter any visitors.

That Monday at school you couldn't help but notice Cheryl's odd behavior.

You wanted to ask if she was alright but with her current situation you already knew the answer to your question and decided to give her space.

Later that day when you showed up at Sweetwater River after Veronica received an ominous text from Cheryl, your heart nearly stopped beating.

There was Cheryl standing on top of the frozen river which broke underneath her pulling her under.

You all ran towards where she fell in, careful not to shatter the ice even more but when you reached the hole in the ice, the current had already pulled her away.

Pushing snow aside all over the ice, Archie yelled when he spotted her.

You helped Archie in trying to break a new hole in the ice, blood was spotting from both yours and his hands but the ice finally broke.

Reaching into the water you both got a good grip around each of her shoulders and pulled her up.

You immediately took off your jacket and put it around her.

You went with her and Veronica back to Veronica's apartment.

Veronica eventually left to join Archie, Betty and Jughead at the town's Jubilee but you stayed behind.

You sat in silence in front of the fireplace before Cheryl finally spoke, "I thought my mother was right, that maybe my father had the right idea."

"Please don't say that Cheryl. We need you here, I need you here," you pleaded to her.

She gave you a soft smile, "I know you're just saying that to make me feel better Y/N."

"No I'm not Cheryl, Riverdale wouldn't be the same without you. What your father did was beyond messed up and I know it hurts with your brother being gone but you're not alone."

You took a moment to try to find the right words to say, "I've never been more scared in my life than when I saw you fall into the river. I don't know what I'd do without you and you don't deserve any of this. I'll be right here whenever you need me, you don't have to go through this alone Cheryl."

Cheryl started to tear up and she rested her head on your shoulder with her hands in your lap.

"Please don't leave me Y/N."

You wrapped an arm around her shoulder and pulled her in closer to you.

"Never."