Safe (Cheryl x reader)

Request: Can you do a Cheryl x reader where Cher notices the reader has bruises on her body and Cher slowly finds out that the reader gets abused by her parents? its a heavy topic I understand if you don't wanna write it

Trigger warning: Mentions of abuse

It was an accident.

That's what you tell yourself.

That's what you always tell yourself.

They were your parents, they didn't mean to hurt you.

You did your best to cover the bruises with make-up but you didn't bother with the ones underneath your clothes.

You were helping Cheryl hang up signs around the school for the upcoming pep rally.

You were reaching up to hang a sign when you heard Cheryl gasp.

"Y/N? where did that bruise come from?" She asked and you noticed your shirt had ridden up.

You quickly pulled it back down, "it's nothing Cheryl, I just ran into a doorway this morning. You know how clumsy I am."

By the look on Cheryl's face you could tell she didn't totally believe your story but thankfully she didn't push it any further, "alright... just be more careful next time."

A few weeks later and it happened again.

You deserved it you thought to yourself, you shouldn't have gotten in their way.

This time you were sitting with Cheryl at lunch when you turned your head to speak and she saw the bruise on your collarbone peaking up from under your shirt.

"Y/N. You have another bruise, where are they coming from. And don't tell it's nothing," She told you sternly.

"It really is nothing Cheryl, I have to go," you responded getting up to avoid the conversation.

A few days later and you show up at Cheryl's door.

She opened the door to find you crying with a bruise over your eye.

"Oh my God Y/N! Come inside," she says stepping a side for you to come in.

"What happened?" she questioned you.

You couldn't find the words to say, you just fell into her arms crying.

After a few minutes of her holding you, you calmed down and she took you to the kitchen to get ice for your eye.

"Y/N, please tell me what happened," she asked while handing you the ice pack.

There was silence.

"My parents."

It was the only thing you could bring yourself to say.

"Your parents did this to you?" she asked shocked.

"Yes, it's been happening for a long time," you said quietly.

She put her arms around you and pulled you in for a hug, "why didn't you ever tell me about this."

"Because I deserve it."

She pulled away and tilted your chin up so would look at her.

"Y/N Y/L/N. You do not deserve this. No one deserves this and especially not you. What they do is not okay and I won't let you live like that anymore. You will be staying here until we get something figured out okay?"

You started tearing up again, "thank you Cheryl,"

All she did was pull you in for another hug and for the first time in a long time you felt safe.