Off limits (Veronica x reader)

request: Can you please do a Veronica x reader where r is V's ex from New York that is badass and basically daddy af and decides to visit her in Riverdale.They are still not quite over each other,and V gets jealous when reader starts paying more attention to Cheryl and kisses her in the middle of their convo. 

written by Jasmine

"What is up with you today? You're all jumpy," Betty acknowledged, sitting beside her best friend. Veronica groaned, placing her head in her hands.

"Have I told you about (y/n)?" She asked.

"Uh, no?"

"She's my ex from New York, and coming to visit today. I need everything to go perfectly," Veronica explained.

"Why? Just an ex," Betty muttered.

"Yeah, an ex that I need to impress, okay? You'll-" Veronica was interrupted by her phone going off. "Oh my god. She's here."

"At school?" Betty questioned. Veronica nodded, standing up from the couch she sat on. Betty followed her to the front doors, barely keeping up with Veronica.

The front door seemed to open in slow motion as you walked through, almost like it happened in the movies. Betty clung to Veronica's arm unintentionally, watching as the door shut behind you. You glanced around, adjusting the jacket you wore. Your black boots and ripped jeans seemed out of place, which only made Betty move closer to Veronica. Your eyes finally landed on the pair, causing you to smirk.

"Ronnie!" You exclaimed, making your way towards her.

"Hey!" Veronica greeted, pushing Betty off to hug you. She stood awkwardly as you two hugged for what seemed unnecessarily long, but you finally pulled away.

"Who's this?" You asked, gesturing towards Betty.

"Oh, I'm-"

Veronica interrupted her answer. "That Betty. C'mon, I'll show you around."

She gripped your hand, practically yanking you down the hallway. Betty sighed, before walking off to find Archie and Jughead.

"Oh, who's this?" You heard from behind you, making you and Veronica turn around.

"This is (y/n)-"

"(y/n)," Cheryl stopped Veronica, holding out her hand. "Cheryl Blossom."

You reached forward, grasping it tightly. You had to admit that the redhead was gorgeous, but you had your eye on another girl.

Cheryl's gaze didn't waver, making you oddly surprised. Most people wouldn't hold eye contact with you, your friends always teasing you about being too "hot and threatening." But Cheryl didn't seem at all intimidated, and you liked it.

"Well, we need to get going!" Veronica exclaimed, trying to pull you away.

"Give me a second, Ronnie," You said, releasing Cheryl's hand. Veronica rolled her eyes, but let go of you.

"Could I get your number?" You asked, unlocking your phone and handing it to Cheryl. "You seem cool."

"Of course," Cheryl answered, quickly typing it in. She handed you your phone back, a grin on her face. "I'll see you later?'

"Hopefully." You turned back to Veronica as she walked away, who forced a smile on her face. She gestured for you to follow her outside, and she began to lead you towards her house.

"Seriously, try the onion rings. They're fantastic," Veronica suggested, causing you to smile.

"Onion rings aren't my thing," You said with a shrug, continuing to look over the menu.

"What? Since when? You used to eat those things religiously back in-"

"(y/n)! Fancy meeting you here!" A voice said from beside you, causing you and Veronica to glance towards the person.

"Cheryl! Hi!" You exclaimed. "How are you?"

"Great, now that I've run into you," She teased, and you smiled. Was it bad you wished Veronica had said that? You shook your head a bit to clear the thought; she was your ex for a reason.

"So how do you like Riverdale so far?" Cheryl asked, and you shrugged.

"It's not what I expected, and it's certainly not New York," You beamed.

Cheryl laughed. "Maybe I could show you around sometime? Or you could just come over."

"That sounds great!" You exclaimed.

"I was going to show you around," Veronica piped up. "Kind've why I invited you."

You sent her an apologetic smile. "I'm staying at your house; it can't hurt to have someone else show me around?"

"Yeah, I guess," She muttered.

"Awesome! Text me tonight, and we'll work something out," Cheryl suggested. You nodded, moving into the booth a bit.

"Do you want to sit? Ronnie doesn't mind," You offered, but Veronica was quick to say anything before Cheryl could.

"We were just leaving," She assured Cheryl, grabbing her purse and standing from the booth. You raised your eyebrows as she grabbed your wrist, pulling you up too.

"We haven't even ordered," You objected. "At least let me say goodbye to Cheryl!"

Veronica mentally groaned but stopped walking just as she was about to open the door. You made your way back over, smirking towards the girl.

"Sorry about Ronnie, I don't know why she's acting like this," You apologized, shrugging a bit.

"Don't worry about it; maybe you could come back to my place tonight?" Cheryl asked.

Veronica couldn't help the rage of anger and jealousy that took over her after Cheryl said that. Her feet seemed to move without her trying, and she made it over to the two of you, just as you were about to respond.

She spun you around, quickly placing her hand on your lower back. She kissed you aggressively, taking you by surprise. You naturally kissed back, almost forgetting about Cheryl for a second.

Veronica finally pulled away but kept her hand on your back.

"She's off limits, Cheryl," She hissed, before leading you out of the diner, successfully this time.