More than a friend (Jughead x male reader)

Request: Could you do a male reader x jughead fic where the reader comes out to jughead and then kisses him please?

Jughead had been your best friend for most of your life and somewhere along the way you realized you had feelings for him.

For years you pushed those feelings away because he was your best friend, you couldn't like him like that.

When your sophomore year of high school came around you couldn't deny your feelings for him any longer, but you were scared he would be weirded out by you so you pushed him away.

You were walking home from school one day when you heard his voice calling after you.

"Y/N! Hey Y/N wait up," he said jogging up to you.

"Hey Jug," you said with a faint smile.

"It's been a while since we hung out, you want to go to Pop's and get a milkshake or something?" he asked you.

"Maybe another time," you told him starting to walk a little but faster.

He grabbed your arm to stop you, "What's going on Y/N? You ignored me all summer, you don't even look at me in the halls and now your turning down a milkshake from Pop's?"

"It's nothing Jughead."

"Well it sure seems like something. You're my best friend Y/N, whatever it is you can talk to me."

You stood there for a moment contemplating if you should tell him the truth but decided against it.

"I've got to go," you told him trying to walk away.

"Come on man, last year we were like Mulder and Scully and now you can't even trust me enough to tell me what's going on," you heard as you turned your back to him.

You stopped in your tracks and faced him once more, "I'm gay Jughead."

He relaxed when he finally heard you admit what was bothering you.

"Why were you so scared to tell me?" he asked.

"Because... Because I like you as more than my best friend. I have for a long time and you probably don't feel the same way and I was terrified you would get weirded out-" you rambled on before being cut off.

"Y/N," he said stepping closer to you, "I uh, actually like you as more than a friend too," he laughed.

"You do?" you asked in disbelief.

"Yeah, I do, I guess I was just waiting for the right time to tell you," he smiled.

In a surge of confidence from his confession you did something you had wanted to do for years.

You leaned forward cupping his cheeks and kissed him.

For the first time in a long time you weren't scared anymore.