Attention (Cheryl x male reader)

Request: Hey can you do a Cheryl x male reader where the reader goes all Gatsby(if you know what that means) to gain Cheryl's attention? Love your work btw. Thank you!!

You had been attracted to Cheryl for a long time now but never thought you were good enough for her. 

You thought that maybe you could impress her if she thought you were in her league of extravagance. 

Over the summer you got a job so you could save up enough money to buy more high-end clothes for the new school year. 

On the first day back you walked the halls sporting a nice button-up shirt, slacks and a brand new Rolex watch.

At lunch you sauntered by Cheryl and her friends table and smiled to yourself when you saw Cheryl looking at you.

Thinking it was working you had your friends help you plan a party while your parents were away for the weekend.

You made sure it was on par with a typical Blossom party and had one of your friends invite Cheryl saying you personally requested she be there.

The night of the party came around and as expected it was a full house.

Music filled the air as teenagers drank and danced.

Of course Cheryl and her friends showed up just fashionably late.

When you saw her walk through the door you grabbed two cups of beer and made your way to her.

"Glad you could make it," you said handing her one of the cups. 

"Thanks," she said grabbing the cup and taking a drink from it.

"Would you like to dance?"

"Sure."

You spent a while dancing but when your cups were empty you excused yourself to refill them.

As you were pouring more beer into the cups Cheryl approached you, grabbing your hand and led you outside.

"Are you trying to impress me or something Y/N?" she questioned you.

"What makes you say that," you laughed nervously.

"Because you did not throw parties like this last year and you definitely did not dress like this either," she said motioning to your probably over-the-top attire.

"Alright you got me, I was trying to get your attention, I thought maybe you would like me better if I dressed nice like you do or threw some huge party," you admitted.

"You didn't have to try so hard you know, you already had my attention before this," she told you.

"I did?" you asked surprised.

"Yes you did," she chuckled before leaning in to kiss you.

She pulled back smiling, "I liked you just the way you were Y/N."

"That's good to hear because as much as I like the Rolex, these pants are way uncomfortable," you joked.

She laughed and rested her hand on your neck as she kissed you again.