Judgement (Jughead x fem reader)

request: Can you please do an imagine were the reader is a serpent and she is dating Jughead and the reader meets his friends at pops and they don't accept her except Kevin bc I love him, and she just sat listened to what they had to say and got up and left and just fluff basically  

written by Jasmine

"It's not a good idea, and you know it!" You exclaimed. "You know we aren't exactly welcome over there."

"My friends won't care! They'll love you because I love you," Jughead assured you, placing a hand on your arm.

"And what about everyone else in the diner?" You asked.

"It's past midnight; no one will be there."

You groaned, rubbing your face. "Fine."

"Really?" He asked, a smile breaking out onto his face. You nodded.

"Let's just go before I change my mind," You muttered, lacing your fingers with his and leaving your house.

The walk was much farther than you had anticipated, you had never been to Pop's. You were a Serpent, so you spent time at the Whyte Wyrm. But now that Jughead had convinced you to meet his friends, you had no choice.

"We could've just stayed in tonight, Juggy," You groaned, falling behind and tugging on his hand.

"We're like thirty seconds away, (y/n)," He promised.

"Is that supposed to be a good thing?" You questioned, dropping his hand altogether. Jughead stopped, turning around.

"Kevin brings Joaquin here all the time."

"I know. I live with him," You countered. "He doesn't wear his jacket though."

"Then maybe you shouldn't have worn yours,' Jughead suggested bitterly, making you scoff.

"Sorry I'm not ashamed of who I am," You shot back.

Jughead sighed. "That's not what I meant, and you know it."

"I know, I'm sorry." You hugged him tightly. "I'm just nervous."

"Don't be," He said, pulling away and grabbing your hand. "They'll love you."

Once you made it to the diner, Jughead's friends were easy to spot. A preppy looking girl, a boy with fire red hair, a classier girl, and Kevin. The classy girl noticed the two of you, quickly waving you over. Jughead grinned, yanking you towards them. Everyone had turned around at that point, their expressions cold. Kevin smiled at you, waving. You smiled back, taking a seat beside him. Jughead sat across from you, beside the blonde and the redhead.

"(y/n), you know Kevin. These are Veronica, Betty, and Archie," Jughead introduced.

"Hey," You greeted quietly. You received greetings in return, and everyone dove back into the conversation.

"So, you're a Serpent?" Betty asked at one point. You glanced up at her, swallowing harshly.

"Uh, yeah-"

"Why?"

You were thrown off guard by the question, and all other conversations stopped.

"Betty," Jughead hissed.

"I'm curious, Jug," Betty said, making him shut his mouth. "You seem smart. Why throw everything away to be in a gang?"

You fumbled over your thoughts for a moment before answering. "They're not just a gang; they're family."

"You're Joaquin's sister, right?" She pushed. You nodded.

"Yeah."

"Were your parent's Serpents?" She continued. You nodded again.

"So could you leave?" Archie asked. "No one's forcing you into the gang?"

"Uh, I guess," You admitted.

"So why stay?" Veronica asked.

"What's it to you?" Kevin countered.

"I just don't think she's good enough for Jughead," Betty explained.

"What the hell, Betty!" Jughead exclaimed.

"She's not good enough for you," Archie confirmed. "She's just a snake."

You were usually someone to stand up for yourself; it was one of the many things Jughead loved about you. But now, when it was Jughead's friends, you couldn't think of anything to say.

"You don't even know her!" Kevin exclaimed.

"We don't need to know her to see that she's just going to hurt him," Veronica added. You bit your lip, standing up from the booth. You raced from the diner, sprinting once you got outside.

You didn't stop until you reached your destination. You walked up the steps to the trailer, knocking on the door.

"Come in!' You heard, and you pushed the door open.

"(y/n)?" FP asked, placing the mug he held on the coffee table in front of him. You sighed, making your way into his kitchen.

"I thought you were out with Jughead?"

"I was," You answered shortly, searching his fridge. You pulled out a bottle of vodka, before slamming the fridge shut. You sighed as you flopped onto the couch, opening the bottle.

"Did something happen?" He questioned. "Did you two break up?"

"Yeah, because the best place to go after a breakup is the guy's house," You answered sarcastically, taking a swig from the bottle.

"Well, then what-"

FP was cut off by the door opening, and You saw Jughead storm inside.

"Have you seen (y/n)?" He asked, before turning and seeing you. You gave him a small wave, taking another sip from the bottle.

Jughead sighed. "Could you give us a minute, dad?"

FP nodded, leaving the living room. Jughead sat down beside you, removing the vodka from your hands. He wrapped an arm around your shoulder, and you cuddled into him.

"I'm sorry," He whispered. "I can't believe they would act like that."

You remained silent, only leaning into him more.

"If it helps, Kevin and I went off on them as soon as you left," He continued, making you smile a bit. 
"It does," You whispered, adjusting your head to look at him. He kissed you gently, and you placed your hands on his face.

"I'll always love you, no matter what they say about you," He whispered, pressing his forehead to yours. You smiled, kissing him again quickly.

"You better."