Perfect (Betty x fem reader)

Request: Being Betty's younger sister and her finding out that you've dropped out because of all of the stress from all that has been going on with the case

You knew high school wouldn't be easy as soon as your oldest sister Polly was sent away your life started spiraling out of control.

Polly, the death of Jason Blossom, the pressure your mother put on you and Betty along with your father moving out was all too much for you and you just couldn't find your place in the world.

You started missing more and more school and eventually you decided to just drop out completely.

No one in your family noticed, in the morning you would pretend to leave for school and then hang out in some secluded spot by Sweetwater River until you were supposed to be home.

It wasn't the greatest plan, someone had to find out eventually.

That person was Betty.

She noticed that she hadn't seen you around school for a long time and one day she was called to the office and questioned about where you had been.

She lied and said you had been really sick and the next day she followed you to the river.

"Y/N? what are doing here?" She asked taking you by surprise.

"Betty? Did you follow me?"

"Yes I did, you haven't been to school in weeks."

"I dropped out," you told her casually.

"You what?" she asked in shock.

"It doesn't matter Betty, just go to school and leave me alone."

"Y/N you can't just drop out of school, why would you even do that."

"Because it's all too much. Everything going on with Polly, mom and dad fighting and mom expecting us to be perfect all the time. I can't take it anymore," you told her feeling tears fill your eyes.

She came up to you and hugged you, "Y/N, I know it's hard, it's been hard for me too but you can't give up that easily. None of us are perfect but we'll get through this together okay? I'll be here whenever you need me."

"You mean it Betty?"

She hugged you a little tighter, "of course I do, you really do need to go back to school but.... maybe today we can just hang out by the river for old times sake."

"Thank you Betty," you said smiling at her.