The Jones' and the Cooper's (Polly x male reader)

Request: Polly cooper x male reader: reader is jughead's older brother. When jughead goes to the coopers for dinner with his gf family it is revealed that polly and jughead's brother have been seeing each other longer than Betty and jughead have been seeing each other. Just like fluffy at the end where the reader sneaks into pollys bedroom after dinner and they cuddle and talk about their future. And reader gives polly a promise ring. Please and thank you

Written by Doc 

Jughead was dating Betty and you were dating Polly, only no one knew about you and Polly. 

Your younger brother had told you that he and your father were going to Betty's for dinner so the families could be formally introduced to each other.

FP insisted on you coming to dinner too which put your nerves on edge.

"Do we tell them about us?" you questioned Polly, pulling her to the side when the Jones' men showed up to the Cooper home that night.

"I mean, they have to find out eventually right?" she said.

The dinner was filled with tension as expected.

Alice and Hal weren't exactly thrilled for their daughter to be dating someone from 'the wrong side of the tracks' as those from the southside were often described but they tried to be nice throughout the meal.

There was casual small talk, there were plenty of snide comments thrown between the families and then Polly spoke up.

"Mom, dad, I have something to tell you."

"What is it dear?" Alice asked.

"Y/N and I are dating," she announced boldly.

"What! Since when," Jughead and Betty exclaimed at the same time.

"For about six months," you added.

"Looks like the Jones' and the Cooper's are just meant to be together," FP smirked. 

"Polly, why didn't you tell us," Hal asked his daughter.

"We were just waiting for the right time and with Betty and Jughead dating now I thought why not tonight," Polly said softly.

"I think dinner is over," Alice said getting up from the table.

"FP, Jughead... Y/N... I believe you can show yourselves out," Hal told you all excusing himself to follow after his wife.

Betty and Polly walked the three of you to the door, exchanging goodbyes and apologies for how the dinner turned out.

A few hours later you went back to the Cooper's home, finding a ladder to sneak into Polly's bedroom through her window.

"Y/N, what are you doing here?" she asked, helping you inside.

"I just wanted to make sure you were alright," you said brushing yourself off.

"I'm alright, I'm sorry my parents didn't handle finding about us very well," she said taking your hand and guiding you to her bed.

You laid back against the pillows with her in your arms.

"What does your dad think of all this?" she added.

"He doesn't care, he actually thinks it's a bit funny that his boys ended up dating sisters," you chuckled making Polly smile.

"What do you think's going to happen? In the future I mean," she asked quietly.

"I don't know, in less than a year we will be graduating from high school... we can leave this town and go wherever you want... New York, California... we can even leave the country if you wanted," you said lightly kissing her cheek.

"That sounds nice, leaving Riverdale and starting over, just you and me," she smiled.

You sat up and starting digging around your jacket pocket.

Polly sat up as well, looking at you with a confused expression on her face.

You finally found the promise ring you had been keeping in your pocket and held it in front of her, "whatever happens, wherever we go, just know that I promise to always be by your side."

She held her hand out and you slipped the ring on her finger.

"I love you Y/N," she told you.

"I love you too Polly," you smiled before leaning in to kiss her.