Not (Cheryl x reader)

request: I was hoping you could do a Cheryl imagine based on Erin Hanson's poem, Not. Thanks a bunch

written by Jasmine

You are not your age.

Nor the size of clothes you wear, you are not a weight.

"What size are you?" Cheryl called, looking through the racks of jeans. You shook your head, walking over to where she was. You pulled out your size from the rack, not allowing Cheryl to see the number. She didn't realize that your goal was to hide it from her, and she just sent you a smile.

"Go try them on!" She exclaimed, pushing you gently towards the fitting rooms. You chuckled at her, choosing one that wasn't occupied. You locked the door, pulling off the pair you were already wearing. You grabbed hold of your skin, sighing a bit. You shook away all the negative thoughts, tugging on the pair of jeans. You could feel the marks that the seams would leave on your waist already, but they looked amazing. You smiled, opening the door. Cheryl smiled as you walked out, examining your lower half.

"They look great, babe. You just might need a size up," She suggested. You shook your head.

"No, no, they fit fine!" You exclaimed, rubbing your hands over your thighs.

"Tell me your size, I'll get you a new pair," She assured you.

"No!" You exclaimed. "I mean, they fit, Cheryl."

She raised her eyebrows, shaking her head.

"(y/n), whatever size you wear, I will still forever love you."

Or the dimples in your cheeks.

"Cheryl, stop!" You exclaimed, blocking the camera on her phone with your hand.

"But you're so pretty!" She countered, a grin present on her face. "Just smile for me!"

You groaned but gave her a small smile. She snapped a photo, before putting her phone down so she could look at it.

"Oh my gosh, you're so gorgeous!" She practically squealed, handing the phone over to you. You made a face when you looked at the photo, handing her phone back.

"My dimples look weird," You countered. "Please don't post it anywhere."

"What're you talking about? Your dimples make it a thousand times better!" Cheryl exclaimed. "Instagram worthy."

You are all the books you read.

"And I got this one when I went to Canada for a week, there was this super cute used book store, and I just couldn't resist," You gushed, holding the book tightly to your chest. Cheryl watched you, her heart fluttering as your face lit up with passion.

"And these-" You gestured to the other side of your large bookshelf. "Are the ones I haven't even read yet!"

"You mean you've read all of those?" Cheryl asked, pointing to what was at least three hundred books. You eagerly nodded, grabbing one off of the shelf. You handed her a copy of Absolute Beginners, watching as she took the book slowly.

"I think you'd like this."

You're the photos in your bedroom.

"Is that a picture of us?" Cheryl asked, walking over to the picture that sat on your dresser. You didn't answer. Cheryl picked it up, smiling.

"Our one year anniversary," She acknowledged, and you nodded.

"I'm surprised you remember," You admitted.

"How could I forget?" She set the photo down, glancing at another one. It was a picture of you with your best friends, all with whipped cream covering your faces.  

"This is cute," She said, moving onto the next one. "I never noticed how many pictures you have up in here."

"Hmm," You hummed, standing up to look at the pictures with her. She moved to look at a shelf you had, which housed four frames.

"That one's just me," She pointed out, and you nodded.

"That was the day I realized I loved you," You explained. A grin formed on her face, and she turned back to you.

"Seriously?" She asked.

"Seriously."

She pushed her lips to yours, the photos were forgotten for now.

You're made of so much beauty, but it seems that you forgot, when you decided you were defined by all the things you're not.

Riverdale vol 1जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें