Caught (Cheryl x fem reader)

request: And could you do a Cheryl x Fem reader where R is friends with the gang and she acts strange around Cheryl so the gang decides to follow them one night and they find Cheryl and the reader stargazing on the football field (maybe Veronica interrupts after a little while and the reader gets all flustered) Thanks!

written by Jasmine

a/n - this is actually really bad so 

"Anyway, he was super hot," Veronica concluded talking about the guy that had come into Pop's while she was working.

"You have a boyfriend," Betty pointed out.

"You know he was hot," Veronica added. Betty shrugged.

"Not as hot as Jughead," She teased, gripping the boy's hand as she did. You rolled your eyes.

"Please, not in front of the only single person in our friend group," You groaned, placing your head in your hands. You were only half lying; your crush had just confessed feelings, she hadn't asked you out yet.

Everyone around you laughed, making you chuckle.

"Practically every guy in this school is into you, you're choosing to stay single," Veronica teased, leaning into you. You rolled your eyes.

"Yeah, I like it like that," You countered.

"Whatever you say," Jughead said.

"What are we talking about?" Another voice asked. You turned around, meeting Cheryl Blossom's eyes.

"Oh, hey Cheryl," You greeted, a blush covering your cheeks. Cheryl sat beside you, taking a bite out of the apple that was on your tray.

"We were discussing how single (y/n) is," Veronica added, making you groan. The smile on Cheryl's face just made the entire situation so much worse.

"Is that so?" She questioned, raising her eyebrows.

"This is not happening," You muttered.

"Leave her alone," Betty commented, giving you a sympathetic look. Veronica chuckled but nodded. Cheryl shot you a smirk, before leaving the table.

"Wait, Cheryl!" You called, racing to catch up with her.

You and Cheryl had been hanging out all day. You had sat beside her in the rest of your classes, and after cheerleading, you hung around to be with her.

"It's going to be dark soon," You said, a smile barely showing on your face. Cheryl nodded, grabbing her gym bag.

"And it's not too cold," She continued, pulling on her jacket. You and Cheryl would often go out onto the football field and stargaze on nice nights; it was what you had done practically every time you saw each other.

You grabbed a sweater and your gym bag, following the redhead outside. You shivered a bit but ignored the feeling. You felt Cheryl's hand laced with yours, and the two of you began setting up a cozy spot to watch the stars.

Betty, Veronica, Archie, and Jughead all watched as you and Cheryl talked as though you were in a separate world. At one point, you leaned over and kissed her softly.

Veronica gasped, a smile forming on her face. "So that's why she's been acting weird."

"I guess," Betty breathed, shrugging. "Should we say something?"

Veronica was already walking towards the two of you, grinning.

"Evening, lovebirds," She greeted. "Lovely weather tonight."

You hopped up, cheeks flushing at the sight of Veronica.

"Ronnie, hey, hi," You started. "I, uh."

You awkwardly scratched the back of your neck, embarrassed that this was how your friends found out about Cheryl.  

"It's funny how I recall you were talking about how single you are, just earlier today," Veronica teased, and Cheryl started to giggle. She loved how adorable you were.

"Yeah? I don't remember that," You lied, biting your lip. "Anyway, wish I could talk. But we have to go."

You grabbed Cheryl's hand and all your belongings, before dragging her away from Veronica as quickly as you could.