Practice makes perfect (Veronica x male reader)

Request: Veronica x male reader : where your best friend, jughead, helps you practice asking veronica out

"So Veronica I uh, was wondering if maybe... you would want to... go out with me sometime?"

"Y/N, don't be so nervous when you speak," your best friend Jughead told you.

You had been wanting to ask Veronica out for a while now and Jughead finally convinced you to, but only if he promised to help you practice first.

"Veronica told Betty herself that she likes you and wants you to ask her out so you've got nothing to worry about man," he said putting his hand on your shoulder for comfort.

"I don't know Jug, what if she realizes I'm not good enough for her, what if-"

"Dude, you need to take a deep breath and chill out," Jughead said, "you are going to ask Veronica out, she's going to say yes, then you'll have a nice date at Pop's and live happily ever after," he said sarcastically.

"Thanks Jug," you smiled.

"Okay let's try it one more time, practice makes perfect after all," he joked.

The next day you found Veronica sitting alone at you and your friends regular lunch bench outside.

Jughead made sure that everyone else showed up a few minutes later than usual so you could make your move.

"Hey Veronica," you greeted sitting across from her.

"Hey Y/N, do you know where everyone else is?" she asked.

"Oh they're probably running late... Veronica can I ask you something?"

"Of course, anything," she smiled.

"Do you want to go to Pop's for dinner sometime? Just the two of us I mean," you asked hesitantly.

"Y/N, are you asking me out?" she grinned.

"Yes but if you don't want to I totally understand," you rambled out.

"Of course I want to, I've been waiting for you to ask me out," she chuckled.

"So I've been told," you laughed relieved.

"How about Friday night then?"

"That sounds great," you smiled.

"Great, I look forward to it."

As if on cue your friends were joining the two of you at the table.

"So did you ask Veronica out?" Kevin questioned boldly.

"Really Jughead, you told them?"

"Well how else was I going to get all of them away from the table for so long," Jughead laughed.

"Fair enough, and yes Kevin, I did ask her and she said yes."

"Well finally," Betty and Archie said at the same time.