I'd rather be here (Cheryl x male reader)

request: Hey Jasmine can you do a Cheryl x male reader where Cheryl gets sick and the reader take care of her? Thanks and have a good day!

written by Jasmine

a/n - super short because this year is really important for my grades for university so I've been putting most of my focus on schoolwork! I'll be writing quite a few requests tonight and queuing them for the next few days! 

As Cheryl's boyfriend, one of your many obligations was to take care of her. Even if that meant going to Thornhill, which you hated, when she was sick.

"Your fever hasn't gone down, but it hasn't gone up!" You exclaimed, attempting to cheer her up. She groaned, covering her face with a pillow. You sat beside her, sighing. She reached out from underneath her blanket, finding your hand and gripping it tightly.

"Do you need or want anything?" You asked, stroking her hand with your thumb. She nodded.

"Water, please," She answered, her voice muffled by the pillow. You stood up quickly, smiling as she removed the pillow.

"You're the best boyfriend ever," She said sleepily, her eyes slightly closed. You chuckled, leaving her room and heading downstairs. Lucky for you, no one was home, so you wouldn't have to make awkward conversation with anyone. You retrieved the water before making your way upstairs again, setting it on her nightstand.

"Thanks," She whispered, taking a few sips. You once again joined her on the bed, wrapping an arm around her shoulders.

"How do you feel?" You questioned. She shrugged.

"Better, I guess."

You nodded. "You should try to get some sleep."

She sighed, snuggling closer to you. She drifted off to sleep after a few minutes, leaving you to sit on your phone until she woke up.

You felt a shift beside you, making your gaze move onto Cheryl. She rubbed her eyes, breathing deeply.

"Good morning," She mumbled, bringing her arms around you. You chuckled, looking at the time.

"It's eleven," You teased. "It's dark out."

Cheryl sat up quickly, her eyes widening. "And you didn't go home? What about your homework?"

"I'd rather be here with you," You admitted, hugging her tightly. She grinned, kissing your jaw.

"I love you, (y/n)," She said.

"I love you too."