Marry me part 3 (Cheryl x reader)

request: Thanks for the "Marry Me" prequel, I'm obsessed!! Could you say how Cheryl and the reader started dating in "Marry Me"?

Could you do a Cheryl x fem reader where the reader is the first person to find out that Cheryl can actually be really fun and playful rather than rude and cold all the time

written by Jasmine

a/n - I combined both of these because I couldn't think of any creative way they could start dating, and I loved the idea of the second request! 

"You've been hanging out with Cheryl Blossom?" Hannah asked, clutching her books tightly. You shook your head.

"No, I took a few photos of her. That's all," You explained. Hannah sighed.

"Good. You don't want to be involved with her," She said.

"Why?"

Hannah didn't answer; she only pointed down the hall. Cheryl was standing by Betty Cooper, another freshman.

"Why didn't I make the team?" The blonde asked, timidly looking towards the other girl. Cheryl laughed.

"You're just too-" Cheryl paused. "Betty Draper season five."

The brunette boy beside Betty's mouth dropped, and Betty's face fell. You watched as Betty rushed off, the other boy following closely behind.

Hannah clicked her tongue. "That's why."

You shook your head, closing your locker as Hannah walked off. You continued to watch the redhead as she began talking to her friends, twirling her hair. She waved goodbye to the group of girls, and you took the opportunity to walk over.

"Hey," You greeted, and she turned to you. Her eyes lit up, and she grinned.

"Hi," She breathed. "I was just going to come find you."

Any thought of defending Betty went out the window when you looked into her eyes, the sincerity of her mood shining through. You couldn't help but smile too.

"Yeah?" You asked. "Why?"

Cheryl shrugged a bit, clasping her hands together. "I was wondering if you wanted to come over tonight."
Everything inside you wanted you to say no, but you didn't. "Of course!"

Cheryl grinned. "Great! I'll see you tonight."

She rushed off before you could say anything else, and you were left with a racing heart.

You approached Thornhill slowly, ignoring the buzzing in your pocket. You knew it was just Hannah urging you not to go, but you refused to listen. You knocked on the door a few times, patiently waiting as you heard footsteps approaching quickly. The door swung open, and you came face to face with Cheryl.

"(y/n)! Come in!" She exclaimed, ushering you inside. You obliged, following her up the stairs. She opened the door to her dimly lit bedroom, and you immediately noticed how ominous it felt.

You were about to make some excuse to leave when she spoke up.

"I know it's dark; I hate it too," She commented. "Maybe I'll paint it white or something."

"White would be nice," You agreed. She shrugged a bit, sitting beside you.

"Has anyone talked to you about me?" She asked, inching closer to you. You shrugged.

"Not really," You lied, giving her a small smile.

She scoffed. "I don't believe that, you're acting weird."

"You don't even know me," You countered. Cheryl was unphased by your reaction.

"Then let me get to know you."

For the rest of the night you and Cheryl played different games, watched movies, and your stomach hurt from laughing. You were currently on her floor, both of you looking at her ceiling. It was silent, and you were awfully close to her. Your breathing was shallow, and your heart thumped loudly. Cheryl rolled over so she could face you, and you did the same. Your faces were mere centimeters apart.

There was a short pause before you kissed her, placing a hand on her waist. She moved herself closer, kissing you back. The two of you pulled away fairly quickly, smiling.

Cheryl laughed a bit before asking, "Do you want to go out with me sometime?"

You nodded. "I'd love to."