Vol. 1, Chapter 28

Volume 1 Chapter 28: To the Beach

TL: flarewk

"That's it then....I'm tired, so I'll head back first, alright?" I yawned widely, for my eyes were like filled with lead to the point of almost being unable to open it.

"All right, what time do we go tomorrow?"

"8 o'clock in the morning, just knock onto my door at around 7.30 plus will do, oh right...Xiao Ling, just now those stuffs that you mentioned were fakes, right? They were toys, right...?"

"Mufufufu~ if Jian ge says so then it'll be so~"

I had a feeling that it might be the real deal.....but it's not really possible as well.....as those stuffs at the back were military-grade weaponry, so Xiao Ling must definitely be bluffing me....yup, it must be!

Once again returning back to my comfortable bed, the moment I've laid down the phone started to ring.

"Hello, who is this?"

I took a look at the caller ID, but it's a unknown number that I didn't recognize.

"It's me.....Ma Qing Xue...."

I really had no idea how she managed to obtain my new mobile phone number.

"Oh, if there's anything then quickly say it then, I'm going to sleep.."

"I....I can't sleep, so I want to find someone to talk to..."

"Aren't we going to the beach tomorrow? It's quite late already, so hurry up and sleep as well."

"But I can't really can't sleep, so what should I do right now!"

Ma Qing Xue's voice actually had a little bit of wailing in it. Huh...if you're unable to sleep, would you really be that depressed?

"Take some.....sleeping pills?"

"I don't want to take some pills! Why not, you sing a lullaby to me~?"

"Me? My singing is completely out of tune, it's better to just forget about it....."

"Eehhh!! Even if your singing is completely out of tune it's alright; if I can't hear a lullaby....then I can't fall asleep, then if I can't fall asleep then I won't wake up tomorrow....if I can't wake up tomorrow then I'll miss the chance for our honeymoon....if I miss the chance for our honeymoon.....then it's the end of our marriage....then divorce!!"

"I don't want it!!!!!!"

I have no idea what she was fantasizing about earlier, but she suddenly screamed into the phone loudly, which frightened me onto nearly rolling off the bed and onto the floor.

"Sure-sure-sure, sing, I'll sing already alright?"

"Wait, wait, don't sing first...."

"What do you still want....."