Vol. 3, Chapter 18 (Chapter 67)

Volume 3, Chapter 67: A not so perfect meal-time

TL: flarewk

"Mum, dad, I've returned home, the timing wasn't that late right?"

"I've returned home......."

Pulling onto meimei's hands, after I've used my house keys to open the door I saw lao bà sitting on the sofa watching television, while the fragrance of home-cooked food emanated from the kitchen, with a familiar figure busying about within.

"Back already? Go on and greet your mom then."

"Alright, Xiao Yu, go ahead and accompany lao bà to talk for awhile."

After entrusting Xiao Yu to my old man, I placed the vegetables that I was carrying onto the chopping board inside the kitchen, lao mà glanced towards me as she smiled and stroked my head.

"How's life outside, what's with the sudden want to return home, aren't you still supposed to be at school right now?"

After she had stroked my head, what followed next, was a stern eye gaze.....indeed, according to today I should have been in class.

"Wasn't there a typhoon at that side.....thus school was temporarily suspended for a few days, and I just went along with it, coming back home for awhile......"

"Is it....and I heard that you brought along your girlfriend here as well? You better not be fooling around, lest hurting onto other people's feelings."

"I understand, I really understand."

"You don't even understand anything at all, at your age right now, you'll need to focus more on your studies, stop thinking about love relationships all the time... me and your lao bà started to get into a relationship when we were 20 plus years old, but look at you, fooling around everyday, and how's your school studies?"

The nagging just as usual.....lao mà was expectedly just like her usual self.......

"I'm the number 2 among the entire school cohort, in the midterm exams!"

"My foot, more like you number the last 2 among the entire school cohort!"

"I'd say lao mà, why can't you just believe your son's words!!"

As for lao mà's suspicions, I'm really very sad.....was my parent's impression of me really that horrible......

"It's true, I swear, if you don't believe me, you can call up the school and ask them!"

"Is it.....well sure, one day I'll call them up and ask them, and if you this brat dared to bluff me, I'll discontinue off your allowance!"

"And if it's true?"

"Doubled allowance!"

"Lao mà, then get ready to give me double of my allowance then....."