Vol. 3, Chapter 15 (Chapter 64)

Volume 3, Chapter 64: Xiao Yu, Please forgive me

TL: flarewk

On the streets, familiar cries of hawkers rang out; when I was young I often brought meimei to buy ingredients here, and I often acted like a smart alec, bargaining with the hawkers non-stop, attempting to flaunt my prowess in front of meimei... it's a rather absurd memory to be honest.

"Friend, come here and take a look here, eggplants 1.50 apiece, tomatoes 1.20 a piece, fresh for sale!"

A roadside hawker greeted me who was just walking past, and I looked at the vegetables he's hawking, it looked rather fresh indeed.

"I'll come back in a while to buy, leave some for me later."

"Naturally!"

A plain honest smile appeared on the hawker's face, hopefully he won't beat the crap out of me later when I start bargaining with him.....

I walked into a park thereafter; when I was young Xiao Yu loved that I would bring her here to play, and it's possible that she might be in here, as for being at school......since she had already left such a message, do you really believe that she would be at school?

"Xiao Yu! Are you here?"

I looked around the park, and if she's not here, then there's only that place left.

Because my house's area is near to a few tourist attraction spots, hence the greenery was done rather well; I proceeded towards the direction of a fitness jogging track area and walked for quite a mile. By this time, it's already dusk, and the surroundings had people often jogging past, physically training themselves, while the outer left side of the track area stood a forest, with the right side displaying a scenic artificial lake; it's extremely beautiful here, when it's dusk.

At a bend right in front, stood a large banyan tree, a portion of the banyan tree was hollowed, and everytime meimei was pouting I would be able to locate her in that tree hole thereafter.

I approached the banyan tree, this tree was still the same from my childhood memories, there's no big changes towards it at all.... if only me and Xiao Yu's relationship would be as sturdy as this banyan tree..

Circling to the back of the banyan tree, there's indeed a glimpse of a small head poking from behind the tree.

"Xiao Yu, why are you over here, Lao bà asked you to go back tonight to eat dinner."

Gently patting her shoulders, I used my finger to flick her forehead, as I absolutely loved to tease her like that when we were young.

"Don't flick! It's not when we were young too!"

Xiao Yu suddenly opened her mouth, and the first thing she did was to bite my finger.

"Xiao Yu.....eyy......sorry, go ahead and continue biting......"