Vol. 4, Chapter 3 (Chapter 71)

Volume 4, Chapter 71: Don't peek

TL: flarewk

Her house was located in a small district with a greenery that was made rather well-done, at the moment, the gradually setting western sun still had quite a couple of warmth shining. She was squatting at one of the large trees beneath her district entrance, with both of her hands supporting her head while looking at the passersby walking to and fro into the district, and when she saw me she was a little surprised, with her expression instantly lighting up in delight; looks like she didn't expect that it was me who would come to deliver her keys.

"Next time be careful a little, don't be that negligent."

I looked at Ma Qing Xue who approached me, and after passing the keys to her, turned around, preparing to leave.

"Wait, thanks for the help, Zhang Jian, come up and sit for a while...."

"No need."

"You still have something on?"

"No....."

"Since you have nothing on too, just come up and sit for awhile, I'll treat you dinner."

"Forget it, I don't want to trouble you."

"What's there to be troubled about, it's just a minor thing only, and also.....I plan to prepare steak tonight, the taste shouldn't be that different from the one at Prez's western restaurant......"

Steak.....so my favorite preferred food had really been thoroughly understood by her, purposely learning how to make steak just for me huh......

"Alright, then I'll just go along with my fate then, to be honest, compared to Prez's western restaurant, I loved eating your roasted pork as well, since that was my first time eating something from you."

Similarly, that was one of my most difficult phases as well....... during that period of time, I had been always eating hard buns and plain water.

"I'll also make them for you~!"

"Don't, I can't finish that much, it's better to just only make some steak."

"Mm, come to my house first then, after placing down our bags I'll go change my clothes and we'll go to the nearest supermarket to buy some ingredients."

Using the key to open the house thereafter, I followed behind Ma Qing Xue and entered her home, the decor and furnishings inside were all warm toned, giving a rather heartwarming feel, which wasn't bad at all.

"Um....uncle and auntie usually won't return home?"

"Mm.....since they're busy with their work, so there's no choice, but for this daughter of theirs to be more understanding....."

Ma Qing Xue gave me a chuckle, but that loneliness within it wasn't entirely disguised, with some bouts of it leaking out a little.

"Sigh, if only my meimei was even half of your sensibility, when we were young she always treat me as a maid, servant at home every day, and now when she's grown up she still was that stubborn......."