Vol. 4, Chapter 5 (Chapter 73)

TL: I know the sudden surge of suffixes here and there will confuse you about, so from this chapter onwards, ANY form of suffixes used will be denoted* with a  '  or  -  (e

TL: I know the sudden surge of suffixes here and there will confuse you about, so from this chapter onwards, ANY form of suffixes used will be denoted* with a  '  or  -  (e.g. Xiao' Ling or Jian-ge)

edit: once again, if there's any mistakes just point it out! >:3

Volume 4, Chapter 73: A disobedient Xiao' Ling

TL: flarewk

"Umm.....Xia-shushu, I really didn't do anything at all, and I can swear it to heaven!"

Right now, I can only hope on the power of communication to save me, as my dialogue speaking was always not that bad all along.

"What didn't do anything at all, do you really think that I would believe my daughter or to believe you this bastard! Spit it out, what kind of mind-trance potion did you feed to my daughter?"

"What must I do in order for you to believe me?"

"How do you want me to believe you?"

Even though Xiao Ling's Lao bà looked to be a rather understanding person, but why is he so utterly unreasonable at all......was it due to his love for his daughter?

Speaking of which, I had the distinct feeling that I've saw Xiao Ling's Lao bà somewhere before last time.......

"Xia-shushu, did we meet before somewhere last time? I think I might have seen you before when I'm younger......"

"Trying to play the close fiddle with me? No deal!"

He wrapped both of his hands around his chest, and laughed mockingly.

This......looks like I'm destined to die already, but where did I ever see Xiao' Ling's Lao bà before, Xia Qin, this name I've indeed heard somewhere before too......oh yeah, it was that time!

"Hero-dàshu, have you forgotten about me already? I fell into a river at the neighboring city before, and it's you who saved me too!"

"Was there such a thing at all....oh, yeah, if you didn't remind me, I wouldn't have really remembered about that, so you're that kid who saved that cat."

"Mm! Mm!"    (nodding head)

I remembered back then, his impression onto me was still rather good, so it looks like I'll probably be not granted the death penalty.

"What you did at that time really touched me, but I still decided to kill you; who asked you to touch my daughter?"

"Must it go that far?!!"

I really need to save myself......is there any plan to save myself......

"Xia-dàshu, isn't there any chance of sparing me at all?"

"There is, I won't kill my own people, so........"

Own people.....what does that mean, don't tell me he wants to join in.....who cares about that, as long as it can save my life!