Vol. 1, Chapter 36

Volume 1, Chapter 36: Daylight

TL: flarewk

"Zhang Jian, wait for me first at the courtyard, come in only when I ask you to do so!"

"All right....."

Traditional people sure are full of trouble....

In the courtyard, I boredly used a tree branch to tease the carps within the pool, as the moon hanging in the sky started to be gradually covered up by a sea of clouds. Just at this moment, I suddenly felt a strong unnatural otherworldly feeling.

It was as if.......that the whole worldhad-only-me-left that sort of feeling.

"All right, you can enter now!"

As instructed by Yè Zǐ, I once again pushed open the old worn wooden doors, and the moment I pushed it open, the sight that appeared before me ended up permanently etched within my heart.

The big hall.....was very crowded, and crowds of "people" sat onto the chairs placed at the sides of the big hall, they had men and women, and were joyously clapping their hands, as their mouths kept saying congratulations, or congratulating phrases.

"The groom have entered!"

"Yè Zǐ xiaojie, congratulations, you've finally attained your wish!"

"Good granddaughter, I wish you happiness!"

"Xiao Zǐ, I wish both of you will live together to a ripe old age!"

Yè Zǐ didn't say a word, and only kept bowing to them repeatedly, although her face was covered up with a red cloth, but the floor had unknowingly became wet a little.

What exactly is going on right now.....

"Since the groom and the bride have arrived, well then, let's begin!"

A rather kindly looking old man sat on the big hall's most frontal chairs, and according to the seating ways of traditional times, this should be a rather important and respected old man..

"Good son-in-law, what are you doing still standing there? Come on in!"

"Ah.......okay."

So this old man is Yè Zǐ'sgrandfather, huh....

"First bow, towards the heavens!"

I knew it, we would have to go through this process.

(TL: the ancient chinese when marrying would bow three times as a tradition, first to heavens, second to parents (offer tea as well), third to themselves)

Things started to be a little concerning, I won't be taken away, right.....this charade seemed to be a little frightening.

Having no choice, right now I could only accompany Yè Zǐ and bowed together with her towards the skies outside at the courtyard.