Vol. 1, Chapter 34

Volume 1, Chapter 34: Ye Zi

TL: flarewk

"Don't panic, everyone; maybe the power tripped, I'll go take a look."

Calming everyone's mood down, the Prez then took out her phone to illuminate the way and was about to check the power supply alone; which I felt was an extremely dangerous thing to do right now.

"Prez! Don't go, at this moment you must never split apart from one another!"

"Then......"

"Straightaway return to our rooms and sleep! Since the males and females sleep separately, if anyone wants to go to the toilet make sure ask a few people to accompany along as well!"

For the sake of safety precautions, I had no choice but to nag a few words to the rest.

"Liu Xiong, amongst us, is there anyone who had been marked?"

"There isn't any on everyone."

"That's good then, hopefully we'll be able to survive past tonight peacefully."

Entering the pitch-black room, Wang Yi and the rest just patted my back a few times, as they gave me an encouraging hand gesture.

"Thanks....."

"Zhang Jian, in your opinion, what was "Ye Zi" exactly?

"I don't know, I have completely no idea at all........"

"That so? Well, if we know what was it in the first place, we could be mentally prepared for it too........."

Wang Yi sighed, as he and the others sat on the sides of the bed, and I had no clue on what they were thinking about too.

As the raindrops became noisier and noisier outside, the wind blowing through the gaps of the windowpanes felt like it was the devil's screaming sounds which repeatedly resounded within my ears. Occasionally dark-looking lightning bolts streaked past as well, illuminating the room, and after every flash, the room returned into darkness, which inadvertently made me feel that the next flash would probably reveal something lurking inside the room.

I sat on the chair and closed my eyes shut, as my body remained wide awake still, making it difficult to fall into sleep due to the intense stress onto my mentality, and the never-ending darkness surrounding me gave me some sort of ferociously pressurized feelings........

Tick~tock.....tick~tock........tick~tock...........tick~tock

As the clock kept ticking on, under these sounds that slowly hypnotizes me into sleep, my consciousness finally start to drift off..

Kerraak boom!

Unsure of how many times I was awoken by the sound of thunder, I had just blearily opened both of my eyes, glanced around the room and was about to continue sleeping when I noticed there's a figure outside the windows; that person's back was facing towards me.