Vol. 2, Chapter 13 (Chapter 49)

Volume 2, Chapter 49: Be my girlfriend, alright?

TL: flarewk

"What are you doing over here......I've been looking all over for you...."

"Waiting for someone....."

Looks like she hadn't completely recovered yet.

"Who?"

Ma Qing Xue stared at me with empty, hollowed gazes, and finally she slowly stretched out her hands towards me.

"You've come, Xiao Dan, let's go and play together."

The Xiao Dan addressing gave me a rather massive shock....and my memory started to jogged around widly.

"Ma Qing Xue! What.......did you just........call me!"

"Have you brought the shells...."

"What shells........are you alright? Let's just go back first before talking about this....."

"Have you brought the shells......"

She smiled slightly as she repeated it again, which made me utterly bizarred.

"Xiao Dan, you said before, next time when we see each other again, you'll give me shells......."

"Stupid, in the river there's no...........shells..........at all!"

I subconsciously said out that sentence, I remember......that sentence I had said it somewhere before.......

As my memories hastily jogged around to the past, fragments of my memories slowly formed out to be a clear picture.....this scene, I knew it from before!

I came here before, I came to this bridge........when I was young.....I came here.....

My speeding memories uncontrollably zoomed past to 9 years ago, and that was like today as well, a blisteringly hot summer day.

"Son, this year's summer holidays your mummy had some busy things to settle somewhere else.......well......daddy because of work as well also needs to go other places too for an assignment for a period of time, so......."

"So what then, lao bà!"

"So.....in order to take care of you......I have to let you'll suffer a little, accompanying me outside as well....."

"Buy me a transformers action figure then I'll go!"

"Sure-sure-sure! As long as it's not too expensive will do......your dad is quite poor......"

"It's fine if you act poor in front oflao mà already, don't act poor as well in front of your son!"

The father's weak-point was being hurt by his son, and his face contorted painfully, with his expression becoming slightly furious.