Vol. 1, Chapter 35

Volume 1, Chapter 35: Night Exploration

TL: flarewk

"That's right, ever since you people came down from the belly of the large eagle, I have became very interested in Zhang Childe since then."

She sipped a cup of tea, and gave me a smile, that smile was extremely warm and beautiful.

"Interested in me? What's so good about me to have such interest at all....."

"Because I've started to take an affection of liking towards ZhangChilde."

Affection of liking? I'm don't really understand the word usage of traditional chinese, so she would probably had meant other things about this phrase.....

"Yè xiaojie, may I ask this rather bluntly...your meaning, is that you had fallen in love with me?"

"Mm."

A simple succinct reply; but she didn't even took a liking towards the Crown Prince at all, why had she exactly fallen in love with me?

Don't tell me...........I'm really handsome? Even more handsome than the Crown Prince?

"This small womanfolk upon seeing Zhang Childe for the first time, that already rotted heart of mine seemed to have jumped a beat, and this is the first time after five hundred and thirty two years, including when I was still alive, that I had experienced such feelings."

"Yè xiaojie........can it be a mistake......like maybe I looked like someone whom you once knew or something......."

She suddenly clasped her mouth and chuckled; her chuckling sounds were as pleasant as an alcedo's, were the laughing standards of ancient people really that low?

"Zhang Childe, I'm very sure, that the feelings I had towards you were those that were being known by people as love; from the moment I had my sights on you I have understood that, when this small womanhood is still in the living world, I had always been pining to find someone that I truly loved, a pity, until death.....even until after death I still couldn't fulfill my life's wish, and this became my biggest regret within my heart."

Her tone didn't became that relaxed any longer, it carried a slight ripple in it.

"Tha-......that's a real pity........."

I expressed pity for her destiny, and suddenly I really felt like doing something for her.

"Zhang Childe, may I ask you to call me by my name?"

She gazed at me with eagerness in her eyes, which made me completely unable to reject her request at all.

"Yè...... Zǐ"

I spoke out her name, and upon hearing it she became extremely pleased as she nodded her head; under the hazy glow of the moonlight, although her smile seemed rather dreamlike, I was able to feel the joy from deep within her.