The Perfect Gift

You are such an idiot, Percival. Percy thought.

He walked into a store in Hog's Meade. It was a jewelry store, where he found Graces engagement ring. He looked at one of the necklaces. It had a tear drop shape, with a diamond in the middle. Not really her taste. The other one caught his eye, a silver circle, with a cursive G in the middle. Around it we're small diamonds.

"There's a message on the back, if you'd like to read it," the woman at the counter said.

Percy nodded, she took it out and flipped it over. "I will always love you. Now and Forever."

"Do you mind having a name engraved for who it's from?" Percy asked.

"And what would that name be?" She asked.

"Percy... P-E-R-C-Y..." he smiled.

"Alright..." she said. "Who's getting this necklace?"

"Oh, my fiancé, she's just returned from Russia," Percy said. "I was busy with work and I couldn't get around to get her a present."

"Well she's very lucky, she's got a lovely necklace and a lovely fiancé," she smiled, sweetly.

"Thank you," Percy smiled, handing her the money.

Percy grabbed the wrapped up necklace, he fixed his hair and walked out the door.

"Percy?" A voice stopped him.

Percy turned around, standing there was Penelope Clearwater, with a HUGE stomach.

"Um hel- OH LORD," Percy said, surprised. "Sorry... sorry... oh my... what?"

"Good to see you too, Percy," She laughed, she rubbed her stomach and walked towards him. "It's not yours... do the math Percy."

"I didn't think for a second," Percy said. "I'm just a little... you look far along."

"Oh yeah... I was pregnant at Hogwarts," she smiled. "Oliver and I got married last month... it was a small little thing."

"Oh that's great..." Percy smiled.

"Are you alright?" She asked.

"Yeah..." he rubbed his forehead.

"Are you and Grace still together?" She asked.

"Yeah," he smiled. "We got in a bit of a fight... I accidentally knocked our owl's cage over and that was sort of the breaking point. We're doing fine, we're just in a little rough patch."

"Oh, I'm sorry," She said. "That necklace you picked out is gorgeous."

"Thanks," he smiled. "Um... Penny?"

"Yeah?" She said.

"How do you know if a girls on her period?" He asked.

"If you're asking... then I think you already know," Penny said, walking out of the store.

Percy turned into another store, he saw some beautiful green flowers, he picked them up. He turned and saw some owl treats, he rolled his eyes and grabbed the bag.

Dammit Hermes, we used to be friends, now you have Grace to take care of you and suddenly I'm an asshole who didn't take care of you for 2 years.

"Well if it isn't Percy Weasley..." The girl at the counter crossed his arms.

Percy looked up and saw Jillian Ballier, she had a very disgusted look on her face.

"Oh God... not you," he rolled his eyes.

He put the flowers and owl treats on the counter. He turned and saw some chocolates and put them on the counter as well.

"You want to get her more fat?" She laughed. "Alright."

"She's not fat," Percy clenched his fists.

"Alright," she rolled her eyes. "She's got to be pushing 180."

"120, actually," Percy frowned.

"Oh, then she's lost the weight!" Jillian laughed.

Percy rolled his eyes, "Just tell me what the amount is."

"2 sickles..." she said. "I heard about your baby..."

Percy looked up, "That's enough."

"No... Percy, I'm really sorry," She said. "... sorry that her screwed up body killed your kid."

Percy got his wand out and pointed it to her throat, "Don't you ever... ever talk about my fiancé or my baby like that. She is the most amazing human being in this entire world, and she does not deserve what this world has done to her and she shouldn't be getting horrible insults from someone less competent then a bowl of soup. She is my entire world, and you will never ever insult her again. You don't even know what she's been through, and you can't imagine so do me a favor, and stay the hell away from us. You can insult me, all you want. I don't even care. But, you will never, ever talk about her again. Or I swear to God, I will kill you right now. Do you understand?"

She nodded quickly, handing him his things. He sighed heavily and apparated back to the burrow.

Grace was laying down, she was petting Hermes who was currently enjoying his giant meal.

Grace got up and walked to the bookshelves, picking out a book. On instinct, she leaned into Percy's side, he expected an arm to wrap around her. She sighed when she remembered it was empty.

She heard a knock from the door. She got up and walked to the door. It was Percy, holding a jewelry box with a bouquet of flowers and some chocolates.

"You don't have to let me in... just... I'm sorry... I'll clean up the room tomorrow," Percy said, handing her the gifts.

Grace sighed, taking the gifts, "Thank you."

He nodded and walked down the hall. She opened the box with the necklace, she smiled at the message on the back. She closed the door and read the note in the flowers.

Roses are Red
Violets are blue
This is a cliché
And I'm not good at rhyming

Grace laughed.

I'm so sorry, darling. I need to learn how to not rely on you. It's just because you take care of me so well and I can't function properly when you aren't here. I'm sorry that I knocked over Hermes' cage. I got him some treats, they're his favorites.

Love, Percy

P.S. Charlie's a little snitch

Grace smiled and became teary eyed. This stuff had to have been a lot of money. And the note was so sweet.

Grace walked out of her bedroom, she walked down the stairs and saw Percy, sleeping uncomfortably on the couch.

"Percy..." Grace shook him awake. "You sweet ginger come here."

"Are you alright?" He got up quickly. "You're crying."

She hugged him, crying into his chest.

"You... are... so... sweet," Grace cried.

Percy laughed slightly, "Are you sure you're alright?"

Grace cried some more, "and Hermes loves those... TREATS."

"Alright... it's time for bed," Percy said, she wasn't moving though. He smiled and picked Grace up, carrying her up the stairs and putting her on the bed.

"Goodnight," He said, about to walk out the door.

"Percy..." She said. "Please stay with me."

He smirked, "Why do you think I was leaving? I'm going to get my pillow."

Grace scoffed, Percy ran down the stairs and grabbed his pillow, he ran up the stairs quickly and Grace was wiping off the mascara.

"Sorry, I'm so emotional, you know... it's that time of the month," Grace laughed.

Knew it. Percy thought.

Percy laughed and got into bed, she got her book again, this time leaning into Percy; getting an arm wrapped around her.