What the World Needs Now

Charlie and Grace were helping Fred and George clean up their store, very late at night. January wasn't really a busy month for them so it didn't take too long. Grace and Charlie were waiting for Fred and George to return, he silently tuned the radio, putting it on the counter and smiling.

"Dance with me?" he smiled.

"Not really in the mood," Grace said, looking sadly at the second oldest Weasley.

Charlie pouted, "Pretty please?"

Percy was walking through diagon alley, he was doing that a lot lately. It was the only way he could think properly. Lately he was thinking about everything he's ever done wrong. He screwed up at Christmas, it was his opportunity to apologize but he couldn't. He knew what he did was wrong but how would he even begin to apologize? After all the pain he's caused. He saw his brothers store, the lights were still on, he was going to do it, he was going to apologize to Fred and George and return home.

He was centimeters from the door when he saw Charlie and Grace, they looked like they were dancing. He walked to the side of the store, crouching down and looking at them through the window.

"What the world needs now is love, sweet love," Charlie and Grace mouthed, as they danced playfully.

Charlie dipped Grace, they both smiled at each other. They rocked back in forth, enjoying each other's presence.

Percy's was frowning, he felt betrayed on several levels. This is what it feels like.

Charlie looked down at Grace who was resting her head on his chest. He felt safe with her around, like they weren't at war and everyone was safe. When he looked into her eyes he could see their entire future together. Grace looked up at Charlie, smiling warmly.

What Grace was thinking was the least of either boys worries. As all Grace could think about was her brother, and his safety. Charlie and Percy seemed to forget that, at the time of war they thought of only one person to save. In some ways it was endearing, in other ways it was selfish.

The song was beautiful for the moment. Percy wiped a tear away from his face, just as thunder came from the sky. Rain instantly pouring. Percy's suit was soaked completely, he didn't even care. Charlie spun Grace around, when he pulled her back, the space between them was nonexistent.

Both of the men got lost in her beauty, she had clearly lost tons of weight, she was still curvy though, which was important for both of them.

Charlie thought of Grace, and their lives together. He thought of what their children would look like, red hair and big hearts. He thought of their wedding, they would dance to this very song and fall in love all over again. He thought of growing old together, forever, until the end of time.

Percy was full on sobbing, all of his thoughts of their future was crumbling. He was mad at himself for letting this happen. For letting them fall in love. For leaving the one girl he could ever truly love.

Charlie thought of how all of this could happen, and that would be the one thing he craved to do since he met her again on the first day of Summer.

As the song came to a close, he leaned in and kissed her on the lips.

Percy's heart shattered, he couldn't put himself through the rest, and ran away, the rain and tears falling down his face, his hair soggy and fallen. The lightning seemed to be racing Percy as he ran through the streets of diagon alley, he stopped out of breath, leaning against a lamp post. He slid down the pole, crying endlessly.

"WHY HAVE YOU DONE THIS TO ME LORD?!" Percy yelled, the thunder roared as a response. "I'M SORRY! I'M SORRY!"

He put his face in his hands, wishing only one thing. That he was never born.

What Percy didn't see was the immediate aftermath of the kiss.

Grace pulled apart from Charlie quickly, her eyes glazed with pre-tears.

"I'm sorry Charlie..." Grace choked. "I'm still in love with Percy."