Fight Back

Grace limped around the cottage, her leg was mangled and constantly hurt. She was holding the baby in the sitting room, smiling at him as he babbled.

"What happened to using crucio back?" Remus asked.

"I couldn't do it alright?" Grace sighed.

"Yes you can," Remus said. "You are a fantastic witch."

"But I'm not like that," Grace said. "I can't hurt someone like that... on purpose."

"I can't stand by and watch you let yourself die," Remus said. "Your father-"

"I know what my father was!" Grace exclaimed, annoyed. "I don't care what he wanted from me... I can't do it."

Remus closed his eyes and exhaled deeply, "Then die."

Grace was sitting in her room, aching with pain, she unwrapped her cast and saw that her arm was beginning to get better.

She heavy sighed when she heard the door open, "I don't want to talk to you."
She looked up and saw Tonks. "Oh sorry, Tonks... I thought you were Rem-"

"Remus..." she finished. "I know about what happened... He's not trying to scare you, darling. He's just worried about you."

"I know," Grace sighed. "I'll try to help myself. I'm not trying to be useless, Tonks."

"You're not useless," Tonks said. "That's why we need you to defend yourself."

Grace nodded, standing up. "I'm going to go talk to him."

She limped out to the water, Remus was sitting on the edge of the beach. She sat beside him, they did not say anything for a while.

"When your parents told me that they were pregnant..." Remus said. "I was over the moon for them... pun not intended. They were not even married a month before they found out. They were all about starting a family right away... I was with your mother, you know. She grabbed my arm and told me that you were coming and I panicked. Your dad was with Padfoot, doing whatever the hell they were doing. She said to me, 'Remus... you're going to have to take me to the hospital.' So I took her to the hospital and talked her through the labor until your dad came. I remember when I held you for the first time. Your big green eyes stared up at me and for the first time in my life I felt at ease with myself. Like, I wasn't a werewolf, a freak. To this day, whenever I look into those eyes, I see a serene and peaceful scene and I will do anything to keep that feeling."

Grace wiped her tears, fiddling with her necklace. Suddenly she hugged Remus side, like a young girl hugs her father.

"I can't use crucio... b-but I will protect myself," she sniffled.

She hiccuped and cried into his shoulder until there was nothing left to cry about. It was not just the story that affected her but the thought of never coming back after the war. Never seeing Remus again. Never seeing Harry. Never seeing Fred and George. Never seeing Arthur and Molly. Or Hermione and Ron. Or Snape. Or Sirius and Tonks. Or Bill and Charlie. Or Ginny. Or Hermes and Aphrodite.

Or

Percy.

Never seeing the love of her life again. Never being able to start a family. Never feeling his touch ever again. Never waking up to be next to him. Never again enjoying his cute laugh that only she had the pleasure of hearing.

Saying goodbye to her brother and hello to her parents.

Saying goodbye to Snape and hello to Dumbledore.

Saying goodbye to Percy and hello to...

"It's going to be alright."