Battle at the Department of Mysteries

Grace woke up, her heart beating faster than ever, she had fallen asleep, working, she looked at the time, almost 9 pm. It was her 12th week in Belgium and was still barely able to stay away from her old sleep schedule.

She could tell something was wrong, she had that kind of instinct, she quickly composed a note and left it on the kitchen counter. She ran faster than ever, sprinting to the port key. Jumping toward it, she landed in the ministry. She turned a corner and saw her brother and a group of teens, all surrounded by death eaters. She snuck behind them, catching them all off guard, screaming.

"EXPELLIARMUS!" Grace screamed. A death eater was sent back. Harry cried the same spell, the group fighting off the rest.

Harry and Grace sprinted through the hallways together, "Where did you come from?!"

"I'm magic!" Grace laughed. The rest of the group was close behind them.

The order arrived, Sirius and Remus quickly greeting Grace. They began to battle death eaters. Grace was dueling Bellatrix when she did the unthinkable...

"CRUCIO!" Bellatrix shouted.

Graces eyes widened as she dropped to the ground in crucating pain. She cried out, and tried to find her wand, Bellatrix laughing menacingly.

The pain was unbearable for Grace, she could feel her insides being twisted around. Her wrists were bloodied and her hair was being pulled by an invisible entity. Bellatrix laughed menacingly, before Remus came to his goddaughters aid.

"Expelliarmus," he said calmly, almost passively. The wand flew out of Bellatrixs hand, she looked at Remus madly, he smirked, before helping Grace up. She started breathing heavy, running to assist Harry and Sirius. Bellatrix followed Grace, sending a spell at her leg. Grace went down with the spell, her leg was bloodied, Bellatrix laughed maliciously.

Sirius furiously began to duel with Bellatrix, sending spells her way. Bellatrix was mad, scrunching up her nose.

"AVADA KEDAVRA!" She screeched.

Sirius paused, his soul leaving his body and leaving this world.

"NO!" Grace and Harry yelled. Grace cried on the floor, desperately clawing at her wand.

Harry was held back by Remus, Harry was screaming loudly. Bellatrix stood with a devilish grin, Grace roared in rage as she chased Bellatrix.

"Expelliarmus!" She yelled.

Bellatrix fell on the ground, Grace limped and held her wand to Bellatrix, biting her bottom lip.

"Kill me," she smiled.

"Don't do it Grace!" Harry yelled. "Don't do it!"

Grace wiped a tear, "You killed him!"

Bellatrix whimpered, "Silly girl... weak girl."

Grace breathed in through her nose, "I am not weak."

Grace lowered her wand, I am weak... I'm just a weak girl... all I am is-

"Crucio," Bellatrix snickered.

This was worse than ever, she felt as if someone was stabbing her, she started jolting back and forth, her head banging against the floor until she was knocked out. She heard voices, three people talking, she recognized the voices. She opened her eyes and a man who was entirely pale, bald and noseless was holding her face, smiling.

"DON'T TOUCH HER!" Harry yelled.

He smirked and looked up, his face dropping. Grace closed her eyes, realizing this was her end. A flash of light appeared for a split second, she looked to see the figure gone, she turned to see Percy, Fudge, and another man standing near her. She had little energy to get up.

Percy stood frozen, Fudge muttering something to Percy. Percy ignored him and as the crowds started to arrive, Percy sprinted towards Grace.

Grace was sobbing loudly as Percy helped her up, he took her to an unoccupied corridor. She sat down on the bench, while Percy crouched down helping her calm down.

"Harry! Harry?! where is he?!" Grace cried, hysterically.

"He's alright, he's alright," Percy said.

Grace cried, clutching her injured arm, Percy summoned a wrapping and helped her wrap the bandage around her arm and leg.

Grace bit her lip and groaned. "Watch it now, that hurts."

"I'm trying, alright?" Percy said, a bit annoyed.

"S-Sirius... he's..." Grace couldn't even finish her sentence, she put her face in her hands, falling into Percy. She wrapped her arms around his neck, crying endlessly into his shoulder. He placed his hands on the small of her back, resting his chin on her head.

"It's alright..." Percy said. "It's going to be alright..."

He lifted her off the ground, he walked into a different corridor, avoiding the mass amounts of people walking into the department. She was too injured to apparate so he carried her all the way to the hospital. Once she was settled into the room, he left. Sending an anonymous letter from one of the hospital owls to the family's home. Doing all he could do, he walked all the way home, he had a feeling this would be the last time he could do such a thing... the same way at least.