dne eht

She woke up in a bed to small for her to fit. She got up with a groan, looking out the window. Outside was nothing but white scenery except for a sign with the words "Godricks Hollow."

She walked down the stairs, she walked into the sitting room and saw people standing.

"Mum? Dad?" Grace asked, looking back and forth between the two she only knew from pictures. "Sirius? Remus?"

The two men nodded. She looked to see Snape.

"Severus," She said in relief.

"Lily? James?" A goofy voice was heard from the kitchen. "Do you have any tea?"

Dumbledore entered the sitting room. "Oh she's awake."

"Oh mummy," Grace ran to Lily. "Mummy I'm so sorry... I had to save him... I'm sorry."

James rubbed her back, kissing her forehead. "Don't apologize... you've been our brave little girl... you've taken care of your brother for so long."

"Sweetie, you aren't dead," Lily said. "I know it's hard to believe but everything is alright... you're having an out of body experience."

Grace continued to sob. Sirius decided to elaborate.

"When Voldemort hit you, he disconnected the soul from the body," Sirius said.

"You have a choice Grace," Remus said. "It's not an easy one and we will be equally as happy with whichever choice you make."

"You can choose to stay here with us... leaving everyone behind... or... you can go back and be with everyone but suffer from PTSD and depression," James continued.

Grace looked up at her father. "Daddy... what do I do?"

He nodded toward Dumbledore. She ran to him and hugged him. "What do I do? Oh, what do I do?"

"If you choose to be with us, you will never be able to see Percy... well you might... when his time comes," Dumbledore said. "You can work through PTSD and depression. You'll have Percy... you'll be able to help each other."

Grace nodded and turned to Snape.

"The reason you can make this decision..." Snape started, he pointed to Graces necklace. She looked down at it and noticed all that was left was small remnants of the necklace. The only thing that remained was a thin layer of silver. The engraved message was completely gone, all except a glowing word.

Percy.

"The woman who sold Percy the necklace was a powerful witch," Snape said. "It can defend against even the darkest of magic if the woman who wears it possesses three things."

"Someone to love," Sirius said.

"Someone who loves her," Remus said.

"Risking her life for the person she loves," Lily and James said.

Grace sighed, thinking of her and Percy. Their love was so strong that she was able to cheat death. How could she even think about staying away from him? But it was her family. She never knew her parents and she knew little to nothing about the others.

"Alright... I know what I need to do..."