I'll Never Forget

Grace ran through the corridors, helping anyone she could while fending off death eaters left and right. She must have been running for a few hours.

It's going to be too late, Grace.

She ran to the familiar tree that lead her to the shrieking shack so many years ago. She slid through the hole and ran, hoping that she could find Harry or better, Voldemort. She fiddled with her necklace and slowed down as she saw a pair of feet. She looked up and saw Snape, he was sitting against the wall, dead. She tried to look away but could not, tears pricked her eyes as she collapsed next to him.

"You can't die!" She cried. "Not you! You saved me... you were so brave. HOW COULD YOU DO THIS? YOU SICK BASTARD!"

He betrayed me.

"I hate you! KILL ME INSTEAD! JUST DO IT!" She yelled. "KILL ME ALREADY!"

The time is not right.

She cried into Snapes chest, she felt something under her hand. She saw a chain was around his neck, she brought it out and saw it was the necklace Percy had bought her. She must have lost it when she was being tortured. He kept it. He cared about her so much, more than she could comprehend. She took off the necklace, putting it back in its rightful place. She took off the necklace she was wearing currently and put it around Snape's neck.

"I'm so sorry," she said quietly. "For yelling at you... and calling you things... you saved me... I know you did. My God... I can't believe you're dead."

She laid crying through the entire one-hour armistice.

"I wish my dad were here... he'd see what you did... for me and Harry..."

You'll see him soon enough.

She thought of running to Percy, staying with him until it was her time to face the Dark Lord for the first and final time. It hurt her heart to see Percy again, knowing the pain she would be about to cause him. She looked to Snape, they were a lot alike. They were both knocked down, hating themselves at first and hating their lives. Then, the love of their life came along. But it could not last longer for either of them. For it was too late in the end. Too late for goodbyes. But, life was not fair.

Grace stood up, clutching the necklace. Neither of them were going to die in vain. They would both die protecting Harry Potter.