Anguish/Requested

Requested by lee12_

Warnings: Cursing, Angst?

———

Tony looked around him in anguish. He couldn't stop it. It was all his fault. Words stung and remained in his mind. Repeating things, causing him to fall apart.

"No. This isn't happening. This isn't real!" He yelled and tried to calm himself down.

He tried covering his ears, but the voices only grew louder. He closed his eyes and tried to think of something else.

The voices continued to grow louder and Tony whimpered to himself. He finally opened his eyes. He was reliving a nightmare.

"Tony, there was no other way."

"I should've just died!" Tony yelled into nothing. His hands retreated from his ears and to wrap around his body.

He looked down and his bottom lip began to quiver.

"You should've just let me die." He looked around and his heart almost stopped. You looked at him.

"Tony, I don't feel so good."

"No." He said and felt tears brim in his eyes. He watched as the You fell to the floor.

"Tony....I love you."

You shouldn't have suffered. This was his fault not anyone else's. He kept repeating the same thing into his head.

"It's my fault. It's all my fault." He sobbed. Tears flowed down his cheeks. Pain filled inside of him.

The last thing he wanted to remember was you fading away right before his eyes. He remembered the pain in Peter's eyes as he watched you fade away.

Peter didn't deserve to go through that. He lost so much family members as it is. His sibling is just another name to add to that list. 

"You should've saved us Tony. You should've tried harder."

Tony jolted awake. His recurring nightmares from Titan didn't help his sleeping habits at all. He was clutching his sheets tightly.

He begged for your warm embrace. To help him fall asleep again. To help him through his nightmares.

But you weren't there.

———

Tony was the last one to wake up in the compound. Steve was more quiet now that Bucky left.

Nat called up Clint and told him about everything. Rhodey struggled to contact Scott with the help of Bruce.

Thor kept blaming himself for everything as well. Peter was quiet and not his usual witty self. Rocket never left his room.

Okoye tried to comfort Shuri after T'Challa disappeared. Bruce tried to make everyone happier. He tried to make people laugh by making small jokes.

Tony entered the room. Steve looked up. Tony and Steve both had red, puffy eyes from crying.

Tony was surprised that Bruce wasn't doing anything. He wasn't even in the room. Tony went to the lab to find Bruce in there.

"Bruce?" Banner turned to face the broken man. Bruce sent him a small smile and Tony couldn't return it.

"Tony." He said like a child. He went back to his work. Tony just continued to make more adjustments to his suit.

"Boss, Mr. Barton is here." Friday notified Tony. Tony nodded and looked down at his suit in shame.