Too Far/Requested

Requested by celestialhood

Warnings: Cursing, mentions of suicide, Angst?

Tony's 35 in this btw

14: "You're a disappointment."

———

"FUCK!" Steve yelled and threw his shield onto the floor so hard it cracked the floor. Tony scoffed, knowing he would pay for it later. Peter took his mask off, and you walked with him into the tower.

Another mission gone wrong. Steve has been on edge ever since Bucky was captured by Hydra again. You didn't blame him for being pissed, but lately...it's been aimed at you. Of course Steve didn't mean it. It hurt him every time he realized what he had said. But instead of apologizing he walked away to his room.

Today's mission though, you blamed yourself for it. You guys were so close to getting the files from Hydra. Even to freeing Bucky. You were supposed to keep watch, and yet you were easily compromised. You looked down in shame as Steve's pissed off gaze was on you. Clint's inner dad instinct kicked in and he stood in front of you protectively.

"Not today Steve," Clint spoke with venom. Steve's cold glare was still on you. He couldn't get Bucky back now, and it just hurt more. His fists clenched so hard, his knuckles turning white.

"No, You let us get compromised. Five more GODDAMN seconds and we would have gotten him!" Steve yelled, pointing a finger at you. Natasha looked up at Steve and shook her head. Lately, Steve hasn't been the same. Bucky being gone again, Peggy dying recently, it was too much for him. But he needed to back the fuck up.

"I know Steve, and I'm so sorry," You said looking up at him. Steve let out the most harshest scoff ever. His blueish eyes blazing with anger.

Clint noticed his gaze almost instantly, his grip on his bow tightened. His pale eyes now stone cold as he glared at Steve.

"And you think Bucky would want you take this out on a fucking 19 year old kid?!" Clint retorted with even more anger.

At the mention of his brother in arms name, Steve grew more and more pissed off. His blood boiled, his face starting to turn red with anger.

"Mention his fucking name one more time!" Steve was practically shouting now. You flinched at his yelling, taking a step back. His gaze back on you, he took a step towards you. Your eyes widen, afraid he'd hurt you. Steve would never though, right?

Suddenly, two taller men stood in front of you.

"Try it Rogers, I dare you," Tony growled, his repulser aimed at the younger male. Clint was also glaring at Steve, his bow and arrow aimed at him.

"Make another move, do it!" Clint yelled this time. Steve looked around at his team in disbelief. Nat's hand was over her gun wearily. Bruce had green creeping up his neck and even Peter was aiming his wrists at Steve, ready to shoot webs at him.

"Whatever. The only reason we lost though,   Y/N. Is because you're a fucking disappointment to this team," Your eyes widen at his words and you looked to the ground. Steve was about to leave, when he heard you sniffle. Reality set in, a look of horror was shown on his face.

Steve looked at his hands, what the hell was he becoming. This is what Hydra wanted, for the team to be torn apart. He turned around to apologize, to man up for his mistakes. But you were gone. Clint and Tony exchanged a look and sighed.

"How does it feel making a kid cry Rogers? Feel accomplished yet?" Tony seethed and Steve looked around at his team in shame. What has he done?

Peter watches you leave, his eyes widen as he saw you go into the elevator.