Defending Earth's Greatest Defender

Warnings: Cursing, Angst?

———

You were pacing the floors of the Avengers facility. There has been no sign of Tony for the past four hours and you were freaking out. It became more concerning since he was having this big stupid war with Steve.

Finally, FRIDAY gave you the last known signal from Tony. You were determined to find this man wherever the hell he was and kick his ass for not telling you where he was. You got into one of Tony's self operated helicopter.

You grew confused when it brought you to a snowy area, which looked completely abandoned. You look around warily, it looked like no one was there.

"FRIDAY, you sure this is it?" You asked the AI as you walked around.

"Yes Miss Stark," She replied as you continued to look around.

Then you saw him on the ground. He was in his Iron Man suit, it looked like the helmet was dismantled and on the ground next to him. Along with Steve's shield.

"Tony," You murmured loudly enough for him to hear. Tony looked up, his eyes started to water. You ran towards him and kneeled near him.

You helped him up and lead him towards the helicopter. He got in and let the suit dismantle and he was in his regular clothing again.

He sat next to you, refusing to make eye contact with you once the helicopter began to go back to the Avengers HQ. You cupped his cheek making him look at you.

Tears came down his cheeks as he guiltily gazed at you. You wiped away his tears with your thumb and his bottom lip began to quiver. A bruise beneath his eye stood out to you, along with fresh cuts along his cheek.

"I'm so sorry," He mumbled and tears continued to come down his cheeks. You couldn't stand watching Tony sad like this.

"Don't say that Tony," You say as he cries softly. You began to pull him into a hug as the helicopter landed. Tony gave into the hug and wrapped his arms tightly around you. You kissed his cheek lovingly and gave him a small smile. Tony looked up at you and tried to stop his crying.

You led him out of the vehicle and towards his room, avoiding anyone who wanted to speak with him. Tony got cleaned up and got into more comfortable clothes. You put some sweats and a tee on as well.

"Rest, Tony," You comment and go to get him something. Tony shakes his head and reaches out for you.

"Please stay," He says and you nod. You got into bed with him, he instantly wrapped his arms around you holding you close.

Tony didn't deserve this pain. You wished for once he could be smiling again. A genuine, guilt free smile. He hasn't gave you one of those ever since Ultron was built.

"Good night Y/N," Tony mumbled sleepily. You grin at him and peck his lips softly causing him to smile.

You wished for Tony Stark's smile again.