Prologue

Darkness.

That was all I could see around me.

There was no light whatsoever, just a black void everywhere I turned.

Well, I can't really say everywhere I turn considering that I couldn't move my body at all. It appeared that not only was I found myself in nothing but darkness, but I was also paralyzed.

To make things even worse, despite being unable to move, it felt like I wasn't laying on the ground or anything at that matter. It was like I was floating in the air.

So, I'm currently in some empty void, incapable of movement, and I appear to be floating as well. As if my life wasn't anymore crappier than it already was.

I guess I should tell you how I ended up in this situation in the first place, shouldn't I?

Well, it's not all that hard and complicated to understand, so I'll start at the beginning of my day.

My day in my never-ending hell.

As usual, I wake up early in the morning to go to school. I was currently fourteen years old and in my first year of high school.

I believe the month was September or October, but I didn't really pay attention to the month of the year or even the day of the month. All I knew was that every single day, month, or year was a living hell for me.

Why? Because for as long as I could remember, I've always been treated like garbage by every single person I come across.

It doesn't matter if they were my parents or someone that didn't even know me, they all just considered me as worthless or insignificant. Especially my parents, the people who practically raised me.

Even though I'm their son, they basically considered me to be nothing more than a bug in their eyes. So, I was neglected throughout my life by them.

In all honesty, I think that I was a mistake, to begin with. It's likely that my parents just forgot to put on protection or something when they did it, and that's how they ended up with me entering their lives.

Ever since I was born, I've been through all kinds of hell. Beatings, starvation, hypothermia, suffocation, bleeding out, I've been through all of them and managed to survive.

I'm surprised that I've lasted this long. But even though I was able to endure all that pain, it never did seem to stop.

No matter how many times I was on the verge of death, the pain never did stop coming. All I would do was recover and get put back in the fire in an instant.

In fact, I think my parents did try to put me in the oven one time . . . Never mind, I'm getting off topic.

Anyway, as you can see, I've been through a lot and was able to press on. Which leads us to the day my life changed.

So, I woke up, got dressed for school, and headed out. I didn't really eat breakfast since my aunt basically didn't have a lot of food, to begin with, so I just left without eating anything.

This was a regular routine for me, so I was used to it. It was better than what usually happens to me when I lived with my parents.

Also, I forgot to mention that five years ago, my aunt decided to take custody of me. Unlike the rest of my relatives, my aunt Windy didn't really treat me like some bug.

My aunt didn't like me, of course, but unlike the rest of my family members, she didn't treat me like some punching bag. So yeah, if I had to choose between those bastards and my aunt, it'd be my aunt.