Chapter 89: Underestimated

I slowly approached the Orc group.

"What is the meaning of this? You dare to approach us?" The Orc leader fumed at me.

I said nothing and continued walking. Amy and the others followed behind.

"Hehehe! It seems we have some fighters among the group! Let's see how they fair against us mighty Orcs!"

The Orcs howled with delight as they prepared for a fight. They pointed their weapons at us, waiting for the chance to attack.

"Thana, deal with the left. Arri, you'll deal with the right. As for Vlad and Amy, you two are with me against the leader over there."

"As you wish, master~"

"You got it, master!"

"Understood, master."

"Whatever you say, Damien."

With that, we were ready to fight as well. The Orc leader shouted "Charge!", and the Orc group rushed towards us.

Just as ordered, Arri and Thana rushed passed us to intercept the Orcs. When the two girls collided with the hulking monsters . . . Let's just say it didn't end well for the Orcs.

Thana summoned her ominous battle axe and started dicing up her side of Orcs. To make matters worse, she slaughtered them all while gleefully laughing.

She's having way too much fun. Even if she's a battle maniac, there's a limit to what someone can enjoy on the battlefield.

It also seems like Thana's used to fighting again, because she's not instantly killing her enemies. The fact that she's just toying with them makes me a little uneasy.

Arri wasn't any better. Whenever one of the orcs tried to approach her, they were wrapped up in her webs and sliced apart like butter.

She also did this while sadistically smiling and making taunting remarks at them.

"Hehehe~Is that all you can do? I expected more from the so-called 'Mighty Orcs'."

Yeah, those two are definitely a force to be reckoned with. Good thing they're following me, I guess.

"H-how is this possible?! There's no way that you weaklings can take us down. Especially that easily!"

The Orc leader was perplexed by the sudden turn of events. He was holding his weapon out, warning us to stay away.

"You call us weaklings, but in reality, you're the weak ones," I told him.

"You're lying! We were given the power to rise from the muck and dirt! We were once again feared like our ancestors were!"

"I don't give a damn about any of that. You want people to fear you, fine, but don't think for a second that I'm going to keel over and let you step over me!"

Hmm, that's odd. I got a little angrier than I intended.

I mean, I get that these guys pissed me off, but I shouldn't get this angry. The tone in my voice just now shows that I'm really mad at these guys.

I wonder why?

Hmm, I guess it's because they're . . . Underestimating me?

I see now, it's because they're looking down on me. I can tell by their eyes that they saw me nothing more than an insect.

A pest. Just like in my old world.

Although, even back then, I didn't really care about being looked down on and bullied. I mean, I hated it, but I couldn't really do much about it.