Chapter 130: Change

"Agghh! It hurts!" I shouted at the top of my lungs as my brain started to process my past.

And let me tell you that it is without a doubt not pleasant. It feels like my brain is being put through a blender, reformed, and then but back in the blender again.

It was beyond agonizing and just plain torture right now. I can barely focus with the pain throbbing all over my head.

Why did I decide to do this again? This friggin hurts, dammit!

I can still hear those annoying voices. They're ringing in my ears like a damn bell.

Useless!

Worthless!

Good for nothing!

Waste of space!

Crap...I should just give up.

The pains too much for me. If I keep this up, my head really will explode.

Yeah...let's just give up right now.

As I slowly closed my eyes, I heard a familiar voice.

"Are seriously giving up right now?"

I quickly opened my eyes and saw my younger self looking down at me. His face showed a lot of disappointment.

"Didn't you make a promise to me?" He coldly asked. "Didn't you say that you were going to change our ways? Make it so we won't be alone anymore?"

I did say that...but I can barely keep up with the pain. It's just too much to bear.

"So...in the end, you lied to me. You betrayed me, my own self. I knew you couldn't be trusted, yet I put my faith in you. I guess that was a mistake, huh? I can't even trust myself. I'll only be lying to myself. Looks like I'm just as bad as any liar, huh? Maybe even worse."

His words...it's starting to sting more.

He's right, though. I promised my past self that I would change, that I would make things different for us.

In the end, I was only lying to myself, huh? I don't deserve to return back, do I?

Master, do you trust me?

...No way in hell am I giving up after coming this far, dammit!

I pushed aside all negative thoughts and allowed the memories to enter my head. The pain was getting worse than before.

I can feel all kinds of emotions from fear to pure rage. I can also feel sadness, despair, bitterness, jealousy, and above all else, loneliness.

I...feel so alone.

I feel like I'm trapped inside a small box, isolated from the world. It was cold and scary, and I wanted out.

But I couldn't. No, it was more like I didn't want to leave the box.

It was because it was my only protection. My only safe haven.

It protected me from the cruel world. It protected me from feeling bad things, and as a result, my feelings were locked away just like I was in this box.

I became cold. I didn't care about anything else.

I...just wanted to stop feeling anything bad.

I've been inside this box for so long that I believe that I'll be destroyed if I left it. I can't keep holding myself back because of that!

I need to get out of here. I need to get to them!

As I slowly opened up the box, there was a bright light that blinded me. Once the light was gone, I found myself back in the forest from before.

When I looked around, I saw people in front of me. At first, I didn't know who they were, but my memories completely returned just then, and I remembered all of them.

Vlad, Arri, Thana, Terra, Fernis, and last but not least, Amy. They were all standing in front of me with smiles on their faces.

I then smiled as well.

They were my only source of happiness. I've been alone for so long, that I never really tried to make friends or family.

While I was in the other world, I considered them family, but I never did fully commit myself to them. I never opened up to any of them because I thought they would leave me.

In the end, although I thought of them as my friends and family, I could never fully accept them. I won't do that anymore.

I'll put my trust in them. Just as my past self put his trust in me.

I'll be different. I have to change to who I am if I want to experience true happiness.

Making my resolve, I walked over to them while still smiling.

Amy then reached out to me, and I did the same. Once our hands touched, she smiled even more.

"Welcome back, master," Amy greeted me.

"Yeah," I grinned. "Good to be back."

Suddenly, a door appeared behind me. It looked a little different, a lot more...menacing.

"You need to get going," Amy told me. "You have to put an end to that monster's uproar."

Monster...right, that black beast from before.

"I'm on it," I answered her.

"Good luck," She said.

"Don't need. Since I have you guys, I mean."

When I told her this, she was surprised at first but quickly grinned at my resolve.

And so, I walked away from my family and went towards the menacing door. I felt a sinister pressure coming from it, but I didn't let that stop me.

I then opened up the door and entered the void once again.

It's time we ended this little game, shall we?

Author's Note: 

Yay! Damien's back!

And way more positive! Hooray for character development!

But seriously, though, you guys will love Damien's new personality. He'll still be cold at times, but he'll be a lot different than before. 

I hope you guys liked this chapter, please let me know what you think, and I'll see you guys in the next chapter.

See Ya!