Chapter 39: Desperate Times

-Vlad's POV-

"Wait! You can't go!"

"Don't try to stop me!"

When I went over to tell Amy what happened, she was about to rush out of the room.

"But he told us to head to the catacombs."

"If Master's in trouble, then I need to save him."

"I understand that you care about Damien, but he told us to head down to the catacombs."

"Whatever's down there is none of my concern. I'm going to master, now get out of my way."

Since I was currently blocking her path, she glared me down. I knew that I wouldn't take her on, but since Damien said that we needed to head down the catacombs, so we need to get there.

"Look, Damien told us to get to the catacombs. He said that's an order from your master."

When I said this, she froze in place. She made an irritated expression, as if she wanted to protest, but was unable to.

Wow, I didn't expect this. With this, I should be able to handle her now.

"Listen, once we get to the catacombs, we'll deal with whatever's there and go straight to Damien, okay? But for now, we need to move."

". . . Fine, let's get this over with."

Amy then stomped away from me. I then looked at Raven, who watched the whole situation.

All she did was whimper a little. I sighed and turned around to follow Amy.

I feel like she doesn't really like me.

Anyway, after convincing Amy, we set off to the catacombs. It was still morning as we approached the catacombs.

Since all of the vampires were still underground, we had to tread carefully.

"Alright, what's the plan?" Amy asked me.

"Well, Damien's worried something's up, so it might have something to do with his traps. They might've found them, or something was preventing them from activating."

"Then, all we need to do is activate them, or just kill all the vampires, right?"

"I guess so, yeah."

"Let's get to it then."

Amy then rushed off into the shop where the entrance was, and I followed along. There was an old man at the counter, but Amy uttered a spell, and he dropped to the floor.

"D-did you kill him?" I stuttered.

"No, just put him asleep. Master's a little strict with me killing innocent people without reason, so I had no choice but to do this."

Amy then walked past the old man and into the back. I ignored the old man and did the same.

Once we got to the catacombs, something was definitely different. The whole place was full of traps.

More than before. It wasn't like this a couple hours ago.

Looks like Damien was right. The only question is why this happened.

Did they know that we took a look inside? Then, doesn't that mean we're walking into a trap?

"Let's get moving." Amy walked on without any hesitation.

Fearless to the end, I see.

As we walked around the catacombs, we searched around for the vampires. For some odd reason, they weren't there.